Member keeps getting question mark at end of his post

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member keeps getting question mark at end of his post

A member hs an issue cropping up where at the end of his message there is a "?" symbol inserted where you would expect a period

I have enquired as to what he is using to post but any suggestions would be appreciated

- John

Thanks In Advance

John

A question mark in a black diamond means the character wasn't found in the current HTML character set. If they are somehow entering in some UTF-8 variant of a character then it might not show if you're not using the UTF-8 HTML character set for your language.

You can change the character set for your language by editing the language under Languages & Phrases -> Language Manager.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Cheers Wayne

It was an odd one, it was always the last character in the message. Seems to have stopped now.

Example i cut/paste. Only one user so very unlikely it was going to be forum related but was wondering if there was a scenario where the browser or platform used to post the mesage that would cause it. Posts were from his Android phone

I will keep plodding on tho. ?

Cheers
      Thanks In Advance

John

Comment