No thumbnails for smilies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] No thumbnails for smilies

At the backend, smilies do not show thumbnails as in the attached image. How can I solve this problem?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	smilies.png
Views:	120
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	4447806

Their paths are incorrect or the images do not exist on the server. In vBulletin 5, they are stored in /core/images/smilies by default. Though these all look custom so they probably were not migrated from the old version's file structure. The front end will compensate for the lack of /core/ if you use the default directory.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I have not changed the path. The smilies are in core/images/smilies already.

Comment

I .also having problrms woth the emoji on the ck editor toolbar. they appear correcrly in the dropout menu but when I insert one, it converts into several wuestion marks.

Comment

Are you using a UTF-8 version of your Locale in the language settings?

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Under language and phrases? Html character set is UTF-8.

Comment

The locale field needs to be a UTF-8 Locale. Usually the locale for your language with .utf8 at the end.

Otherwise PHP will not process the characters properly.

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I added en.utf8 but an error says it could not be located on server.

The picture shows how those display 1) during writing a post 2) in a review mode and 3) after posting.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Untitled.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	102.7 KB
ID:	4447906
                Last edited by Mohammed Abu Risha; Fri 25 Sep '20, 5:19am.

Comment

What is the exact character set and collation of your database?

You should be using utfmb4 for the character set. And utfmb4_general_XX or utfmb4_unicode_XX for the collation. Where XX is either ci or cs depending on whether you want case sensitive indexing or not.

What is the charset set to in your /core/includes/config.php file? Ideally, this will be commented out because your server and database are set to use utfmb4 as the default connection.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mohammed Abu Risha
                    Mohammed Abu Risha commented
                    Editing a comment
                    It is utf8mb4_unicode_ci for the database. As for the config.php file, this is what I find // $config['Mysqli']['charset'] = 'utf8'; (commented as you said)

SOLVED. Thank you! When checking the databse under Operations, I noticed a discrepancy as it uses utf8-unicode instead of utf7mb4. I made the change and it fixed the problem.

As for the smilies, it is not solved yet. Few days ago they wroked fine but suddnly their thumbnails do now show. Is it an issue with the hosting server?
                    Last edited by Mohammed Abu Risha; Fri 25 Sep '20, 11:06am.

Few days ago they wroked fine but suddnly their thumbnails do now show. Is it an issue with the hosting server?
                  Do they show on the front-end?

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Mohammed Abu Risha
                    Editing a comment
                    Yes they do.

• Mohammed Abu Risha
                    Editing a comment
                    Yesterday, I upgraded the test forums to VB5.6.4 Alpha 4. Previously, the thumbnails of smilies were shown in the backend. Now, they are not displayed. I uploaded a smilie through the backend and also found a missing thumbnail.