Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldGrumpyDad
    commented on 's reply
    Changing families (MySQL to Maria or vice versa) like that is momentous. There are things that can break. I think there is value in having a more modern database server, for sure. But just upgrade from MariaDB 10.2 to MariaDB 10.4 or 10.5. That upgrade can definitely happen and it might improve the situation. But switching from one database family to the other is complicated and dangerous. You just need to modernise.

The mysql log that people are asking about is usually in the same directory as the MariaDB server itself. Like if your MariaDB is in /var/db/mariadb, then you'll find some file that's something like /var/db/mariadib/mysql-error.log. All of this changes from server to server. Your hosting provider can (and probably does) put this stuff wherever they feel like. So you can ask them where the MariaDB log file is and they should be able to tell you.

• imager
    replied
    Changing the date range appears to have solved the problem. I don't actually know why the date range was zero in some of these modules but I am just so glad that it's all working again. Thank you for all the offers of help!

Leave a comment:

• imager
    replied
    Originally posted by imager View Post
    Is it the search JSON like this? {"date":{"from":"0"},"sort":

EDIT - I have worked it out; there were a few modules with '0' and have changed them to 30.
    It's been half an hour since I edited the date ranges and reset the MySQL server and so far, touch wood, the server load has remained in what we regards as the normal range!

Leave a comment:

• imager
    replied
    Is it the search JSON like this? {"date":{"from":"0"},"sort":

EDIT - I have worked it out; there were a few modules with '0' and have changed them to 30.
    Last edited by imager; Wed 16 Sep '20, 10:12pm.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Pages are made of modules. In places where it uses search modules (i.e. Latest Activity) on various pages. Edit those modules using Site Builder and make sure the form field named "Date Range" has a value.

Leave a comment:

• imager
    replied
    Wayne Luke "Finally, edit all search modules on your site and make sure they have a valid date range. Even if it is 365 (or more) days. Default should be 30 days but older installs might have empty values."

I don't really know what you mean by this?

Leave a comment:

• imager
    replied
    The support ticket is [SID-2327129]
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Wed 16 Sep '20, 1:06pm.

Leave a comment:

• imager
    replied
    I have updated my support ticket mentioning you requested the mysql-slow.log file and I have sent it to contact AT vbulletin dot com via WeTranfer

Also I don't know if this is useful?

[[email protected] /]# mysqladmin proc | grep egroup_vb
    | 34 | egroup_vb | localhost | egroup_vb | Query | 2655 | Sending data | SELECT DISTINCT node.starter AS nodeid
    | 416 | egroup_vb | localhost | egroup_vb | Query | 2205 | Sending data | SELECT DISTINCT node.starter AS nodeid
    | 434 | egroup_vb | localhost | egroup_vb | Sleep | 2186 | | | 0.000 |
    | 438 | egroup_vb | localhost | egroup_vb | Sleep | 2182 | | | 0.000 |
    | 441 | egroup_vb | localhost | egroup_vb | Sleep | 2180 | | | 0.000 |
    | 442 | egroup_vb | localhost | egroup_vb | Sleep | 2179 | | | 0.000 |
    | 443 | egroup_vb | localhost | egroup_vb | Sleep | 2178 | | | 0.000 |
    | 446 | egroup_vb | localhost | egroup_vb | Sleep | 2177 | | | 0.000 |
    | 451 | egroup_vb | localhost | egroup_vb | Sleep | 2168 | | | 0.000 |
    | 452 | egroup_vb | localhost | egroup_vb | Sleep | 2166 | | | 0.000 |
    | 570 | egroup_vb | localhost | egroup_vb | Query | 2006 | Sending data | SELECT DISTINCT node.starter AS nodeid
    | 648 | egroup_vb | localhost | egroup_vb | Query | 1918 | Sending data | SELECT DISTINCT node.starter AS nodeid
    | 1058 | egroup_vb | localhost | egroup_vb | Query | 1339 | Sending data | SELECT DISTINCT node.starter AS nodeid
    | 1138 | egroup_vb | localhost | egroup_vb | Query | 1240 | Sending data | SELECT DISTINCT node.starter AS nodeid
    | 1499 | egroup_vb | localhost | egroup_vb | Query | 828 | Sending data | SELECT DISTINCT node.starter AS nodeid
    | 1628 | egroup_vb | localhost | egroup_vb | Query | 634 | Sending data | SELECT DISTINCT node.starter AS nodeid
    | 1720 | egroup_vb | localhost | egroup_vb | Query | 497 | Sending data | SELECT DISTINCT node.starter AS nodeid
    | 1845 | egroup_vb | localhost | egroup_vb | Query | 339 | Sending data | SELECT DISTINCT node.starter AS nodeid
    | 1858 | egroup_vb | localhost | egroup_vb | Query | 300 | Sending data | SELECT DISTINCT node.starter AS nodeid
    | 1911 | egroup_vb | localhost | egroup_vb | Query | 208 | Sending data | SELECT DISTINCT node.starter AS nodeid
    | 2007 | egroup_vb | localhost | egroup_vb | Query | 73 | Sending data | SELECT DISTINCT node.starter AS nodeid

Leave a comment:

• imager
    replied
    PHP is now set to 128MB.

I'm not sure what you mean by run query describe node

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    And I just noticed that your PHP memory size is 32 MB. Please increase this to 128 MB.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I should have the MySQL log shortly. Where should I send this?
    You can provide access to this in a support ticket referencing this topic.

Would it be helpful to upgrade from PHP 7.3 to 7.4 and to a more recent version of MariaDB?
    I don't see anything in the reported issue where an upgrade of PHP or MariaDB will resolve the issue. Even switching to MySQL 8 may not resolve the issue. Since it is involving temporary files, the issue is most likely related to overall server configuration. I need to know what vBulletin is trying to do with these temporary file sorts and why it is using them first. Upgrades will probably not change this configuration.

Speaking of information can you run this query and provide the results: describe node

Finally, edit all search modules on your site and make sure they have a valid date range. Even if it is 365 (or more) days. Default should be 30 days but older installs might have empty values.

Leave a comment:

• imager
    replied
    Would it be helpful to upgrade from PHP 7.3 to 7.4 and to a more recent version of MariaDB?

Leave a comment:

• imager
    replied
    I should have the MySQL log shortly. Where should I send this?

Leave a comment:

• imager
    replied
    Maybe it's too difficult to switch from MariaDB to MySQL8, from my hosting company:

After looking into this it looks like you have existing databases on the server. Unfortunately since this is the case we can't downgrade MariaDB to MySQL 5.6 and then upgrade to MySQL 8 as this tends to break existing databases. The only way we can do this for you is it there aren't any databases on the server, in your case a new server would need to be created and then the content migrated over.

Please let me know how you'd like to proceed.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Any MySQL logs that you have particularly a slow query log. https://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.7...rver-logs.html

They should give an idea of what is going on.

Leave a comment: