No announcement yet.

Viewport not set (Google error)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] Viewport not set (Google error)

I have searched through old topics, but not really found an answer for this. I use the Google Search Console for my website and it gave me two errors. Viewport not set and Text too small to read. I hopefully fixed the last one with changing the root_font_size a bit. But i can't find an answer for the viewport not set although it has been discussed many times on this board.

Is there someone which can point me to a direction how to fix this error? I have a standard installation of vBulletin with no style related mods. Also use the Default Style.

The viewport is set. It's in the header.

<meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1, viewport-fit=cover" />

You could try adding the same line to the headinclude template to see if Google detects it.

Comment

Let's find out thanks

Comment

The text is actually larger on a mobile device than on a desktop. We set the default to 13 pixels on a desktop and scale up on mobile if necessary.

What is the page that Google is tossing the error on?
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          What is the page that Google is tossing the error on?
          Thats the base url of the domain, so i guess the overall font.

Comment

Sorry. I don't see a link so was asking for one so I can view the generated HTML.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Oh, its securityadmin.org

Comment

I can see the viewport tag in the source code and can read the text on the page while emulating a mobile device using a Chromium browser. Furthermore, running Google's Lighthouse tool on the site shows a best practices score of 92%, accessibility score of 94%, and an SEO score of 100%. There are some issues with load time. The biggest one being loading jQuery off of Google's CDN. This is a default setting though and can be changed in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization options. Other issues are covered here: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19055

Your text is between 12 and 15 pixels. Google will say it is too small to read if it is less than 16 pixels at any time. Some people may find this too large.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Awesome review, thanks for that. About jQuery, what do you advice? It was default on Google, but what can i do to make it quicker?

Thanks

Comment

You can try serving it from one of the other CDN's provided or from your own server. In the AdminCP go to Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization options.

Wayne Luke
                    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

All issues are resolved according to Google, thanks for the help

Comment