Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If you have specific suggestions to improve the user process, please open an improvement request in our Issue Tracker. The more descriptive the request, the more likely it will be to get implemented. If necessary provide mockups and examples using the attachment functionality.

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    Originally posted by spartan5 View Post
    Thank you for your help Wayne Luke .

I try to do some with your last message. In my last forum I was used to recover deleted threads in the trash folder. Because deleted threads goes to a chanel where only admin can see and delet permanently.

Really when deleting messages if you are doing fast is easy to confuse a message with delete thread if you went accidentally to thread icon instead of message icon.
    Deleting a thread or a post is a completely different operation to deleting single PMs or notifications.

It requires multiple key presses and confirmation screens.

It is not something you can accidentally do by clicking one wrong button.

Leave a comment:

• spartan5
    replied
    Thank you for your help Wayne Luke .

I try to do some with your last message. In my last forum I was used to recover deleted threads in the trash folder. Because deleted threads goes to a chanel where only admin can see and delet permanently.

Really when deleting messages if you are doing fast is easy to confuse a message with delete thread if you went accidentally to thread icon instead of message icon.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    If that topic is that important yes.

You can turn off the permanent delete function for Administrators and Moderators under Channel Management -> Moderator Permissions. Though Super Adminstrators (those listed in the /core/includes/config.php) will still be able to do this.

Leave a comment:

• spartan5
    replied
    So the best option is to restore last backup and lost last posts?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The only way supported way to restore the topic is to do a complete restore of the entire database.

Modifying the database directly is not the way to do this. The "thread_post" table is obsolete and unused vBulletin 5. Your probably missing the Closure table records. The closure table holds the ancestry for every single node back the to the home node. So depending on the topic, there may need to be hundreds of records restored.

You can try rebuilding your nodes with tools.php but I can't guarantee this is going to work in your situation.

Leave a comment:

• spartan5
    started a topic Retrieve deleted thread acidentally

Retrieve deleted thread acidentally

I was deleting some posts of a page when I accidentally wiped out the entire thread!

Is there any way to bring back the information? I try to restore the thread from last backup, so:

I restored the table node where nodeid and parentid had the id of thread.
    Then I restored all nodeid from last affected rows on table text.

As a result I have all messages in text table, and all rows in node table. But the thread appears as void with zero post, only the title appear.

The table thread_post has the row of this thread correct.

I need to restore any else in another table?