Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

After creating a post it is displayed at the bottom of the thread page not the top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• galey801
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    This is really a limitation of the software and could use some improvement. I would guess that it is more difficult to insert a reply at the top of the display. It hasn't received a lot of attention because most users actually do not use this display across the customer base. I don't even think an improvement request report has been created for this issue.
    Thanks Wayne. Improvement Request VBV-20549 has been raised.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    This is really a limitation of the software and could use some improvement. I would guess that it is more difficult to insert a reply at the top of the display. It hasn't received a lot of attention because most users actually do not use this display across the customer base. I don't even think an improvement request report has been created for this issue.

Leave a comment:

• After creating a post it is displayed at the bottom of the thread page not the top

I, like many of the users of my forum, prefer to sort thread by "Latest Activity" rather than in chronological order. This means when you open a thread the first post you see is the latest one rather than having to navigate to the last page of the thread to see the latest post.

I have an issue that if I click the "Post Reply" button and create a new post in the thread, when I click Save, even though I have the thread sorted by "Latest Activity" the post I have created is displayed at the bottom of the page not the top. It's only after I manually refresh the page or navigate away from the thread and back to it that my recently created Post moves to the top of the page.

I've got multiple complaints from users about this.

Any suggestions for resolving this or is it a bug?

Galey

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 9.57.04 am.png
Views:	58
Size:	188.9 KB
ID:	4447130
    This image shows that Thread arranged by Latest Activity including the most recent post.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 9.57.43 am.png
Views:	35
Size:	176.1 KB
ID:	4447131

After clicking the "Post Reply" button I'm taken to the Editor at the bottom of the page.

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-09-10 at 9.59.05 am.png
Views:	39
Size:	219.3 KB
ID:	4447132
    After clicking "Post Reply" instead of the page refreshing and the post being displayed at the top of the thread/page it is displayed at the bottom. In my case this post was below one that was from 3 August even though many posts above it on the page are newer.