Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow (PageSpeed Insights)

hello
    my website https://aqarspot.com ((all pages)) have slow PageSpeed Insights because of render-blocking resources (thats what google PageSpeed Insights) say
    as an example : https://developers.google.com/speed/...b=mobile&hl=en
    please can someone help me how to Eliminate render-blocking resources
    thanks

The slowest element on the page appears to be the jQuery served by Google's own CDN.

It also looks like you have caching disabled.

Comment

thanks for your reply
      is there a way i can solve this issue ?

Comment

The first page load of your site with nothing cached in the browser is 2.7 seconds for me. The second page load with CSS, Javascript, and Images cached is 1.22 seconds. Pagespeed isn't very efficient at telling you what the performance of your site it is in the long run. Plus it often gets things wrong. For jQuery, it might change it to be served locally or from another CDN that is faster than Google. You can do that under Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options.

It does look like you're using an older version of the .htaccess file though. Your files are being cached as private and not public. Plus there are a number of security blocks in the newer .htaccess files.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks for your reply. I've uploaded the new htaccess file as-is without modifications. And I also changed jQuery to be served locally (from my server rather than Google CDN). jQuery issue seems to be solved, but other render-blocking resources issue still exists. Please advise if there are any further steps I can take.

Comment

That change gives you about a 300 millisecond page load improvement.

You may get a small benefit by storing your CSS, SVG, and Avatar files in the file system. To do this you would have to:
            1. CHMOD the /core/cache/css directory to 777 (or whatever the minimum is for the webserver to write to it)
            2. CHMOD the /core/customavatars directory to 777 (or whatever the minimum is for the webserver to write to it)
            3. In the AdminCP go to Settings -> Options -> Style & Language Options.
            4. Set "Store CSS and SVG as files" to Yes.
            5. Save the page.
            6. When that is done go to Settings -> User Picture Storage Type.
            7. Click the "Go" button to move your custom avatars to the file system.
            Though your site is very fast for the number of channels it has. Having a lot of empty channels will add to the rendering time on the end-users' device and can make the site seem slow. You could reduce the depth of display by editing the modules so they only show two levels instead of three to help with this or delete unused channels.

The "Rendering Blocking Resources" are not really blocking anything. They are needed to render the page so you don't get a white page mess. Delete your .htaccess to see what a page looks like without them. Putting them inline is consider insecure, even by Googles own standards and placing that much Javascript and CSS inline is a performance disaster.
            Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 14 Sep '20, 11:49am.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

hello Luke
              do you mean
              CHMOD the /core/css directory to 777
              or
              CHMOD the /core/cache/css directory to 777

Comment

/core/cache/css.

Wayne Luke
                vBulletin 5 API

Comment