Problems with sphinx search after upgrading to vbulletin 5.6.3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problems with sphinx search after upgrading to vbulletin 5.6.3

I recently performed an upgrade to vb 5.6.3 and it caused some problems that seem related to the sphinx search. I switched to database search and the problems disappeared. The database search doesn't yield many useful results though so users are unhappy about this.

Since the upgrade two problems occur.
    1 Sending a post causes the following error message:
    Error Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO XXXXXXX( id, title, content, contenttypeid, lastcontentid, lastauthorid, parentid, starter, starterparent, starteruser, starterlastcontent, starterpublishdate, startercreated, startertextcount, starterdisplayorder, startervotes, startertitlesort, starterauthorname, closure, depth, userid, authorname, setfor, sentto, showpublished, approved, showapproved, viewperms, featured, inlist, protected, votes, lastcontent, created, publishdate, unpublishdate, prefixid, tagid, textcount, trendingweight, eventstartdate, eventenddate, titlesort ) VALUES ( 5805943, 'test', 'test', 20, 5805943, 3011, 39, 5805943, 39, 3011, 1599209557, 1599209557, 1599209557, 0, 0, 0, 'Test', 'xxusernamexx', (5805943,39,14,2,1), '{"n5805943":0,"n39":1,"n14":2,"n2":3,"n1":4}', 3011, 'xxusernmexxx', 0, (), 1, 1, 1, 2, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1599209557, 1599209557, 1599209557, 0, 0, (), 0, 0, 0, 0, 'Test' );

Despite the error message the post will be shown upon reloading the website

2 When trying to rebuild the sphinx search index the following error message is displayed:
    Error Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO XXXXXXXXX( id, title, content, contenttypeid, lastcontentid, lastauthorid, parentid, starter, starterparent, starteruser, starterlastcontent, starterpublishdate, startercreated, startertextcount, starterdisplayorder, startervotes, startertitlesort, starterauthorname, closure, depth, userid, authorname, setfor, sentto, showpublished, approved, showapproved, viewperms, featured, inlist, protected, votes, lastcontent, created, publishdate, unpublishdate, prefixid, tagid, textcount, trendingweight, eventstartdate, eventenddate, titlesort ) VALUES ( 1, 'home', 'home description', 19, 5805943, 3011, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, 0, '', '', (1), '{"n1":0}', 1, '', 0, (), 1, 1, 1, 2, 0, 1, 0, 0, 1599209557, 1503412756, 1321982542, 0, 0, (), 0, 0, 0, 0, 'Home' );

Ausnahmeregelung:
    ## phar:///path/to/my/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/database.php(1208) Exception Thrown
    #0 phar:///path/to/my/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/database/mysqli.php(249): vB_Database->halt()
    #1 phar:///path/to/my/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/database.php(561): vB_Database_MySQLi->execute_query(true, Object(mysqli))
    #2 /path/to/my/forum/core/packages/vbsphinxsearch/core.php(246): vB_Database->query_write('Invalid SQL:\r\nI...')
    #3 /path/to/my/forum/core/packages/vbsphinxsearch/core.php(271): vBSphinxSearch_Core->indexText(Array, 'home', 'home descriptio...', true)
    #4 phar:///path/to/my/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/search/core.php(257): vBSphinxSearch_Core->indexTextBatch(Array, Array, Array, true)
    #5 phar:///path/to/my/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/search.php(101): vB_Search_Core->indexBatch(Array, true)
    #6 phar:///path/to/my/forum/core/vb/vb.phar/library/search.php(95): vB_Library_Search->doIndexNodeList(Array, 1000)
    #7 /path/to/my/forum/core/admincp/misc.php(230): vB_Library_Search->indexRangeFromNode(0, 1000, '0')
    #8 /path/to/my/forum/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php(147): require_once('/var/www/vhosts...')
    #9 /path/to/my/forum/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/relay.php(33): Api_Interface_Collapsed->relay('admincp/misc.ph...')
    #10 /path/to/my/forum/index.php(74): vB5_Frontend_Controller_Relay->admincp('misc.php')
    #11 {main}

I have no clue how to solve the problem

So any help is appreciated.

You need to delete your existing index and rebuild it from the bottom up using the vbulletin-sphinx.php file your download package.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thank you for your answer. I uploaded the vbulletin-sphinx.php that came with VB version 5.6.3 and set the paths to php and my forum root according to my installation. The sphinx search starts with the following messages:

Sphinx 2.2.11-id64-release (95ae9a6)
      Copyright (c) 2001-2016, Andrew Aksyonoff
      Copyright (c) 2008-2016, Sphinx Technologies Inc (http://sphinxsearch.com)

using config file '/usr/local/sphinx/etc/vbulletin-sphinx.php'...
      PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /usr/local/sphinx/etc/vbulletin-sphinx.php on line 434
      PHP Notice: Undefined offset: 0 in /usr/local/sphinx/etc/vbulletin-sphinx.php on line 434
      listening on all interfaces, port=9312
      listening on all interfaces, port=9306
      precaching index 'usr_web18_1_disk'
      WARNING: index 'usr_web18_1_disk': preload: failed to open /usr/local/sphinx/data/usr_web18_1_disk.sph: No such file or directory; NOT SERVING
      precaching index 'usr_web18_1'
      precached 2 indexes in 0.001 sec

searchd is running on the system but when I try rebuilding the search index the same error message as in my first post still shows so this didn't solve the problem, unfortunately. :/

Any other ideas anyone?

Comment

It says no such file or directory so either you have the wrong path in the config file or you deleted the directory. Those are the most likely answers.

Comment

Make sure that /usr/local/sphinx/data/ exists and that the daemon can write to it.

Similar issue here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/...failed-to-open
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I think this message is normal

WARNING: index 'usr_web18_1_disk': preload: failed to open /usr/local/sphinx/data/usr_web18_1_disk.sph: No such file or directory; NOT SERVING
            precaching index 'usr_web18_1'

When searchd is first launched the file doesn't exist yet cause it is created when the index is built.

The directory /usr/local/sphinx/data/ exists and is writeable

Comment