Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Admin Can't Search For Users In CP

Hi,

I've searched everywhere to find the cause of this but couldn't find anything. As the admin of my forum, I can't view or search for user profiles in Control Panel.

When trying to access the 'Search For User' or 'Add New User' or simply edit the profile of a user in CP I get this message:

That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message.

I have checked the admin permissions and they are all on Yes. I currently run on vBulletin 5.6.1 Patch Level 2.

Replace the contents of your /core/admincp directory with clean files from a fresh download. After you do this, can you access these locations?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Yeah, still the same unfortunately.

Comment

Please put the site into Debug Mode. Does the messaging change?

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Yes it does! Here is the new error message when trying to edit a user's profile in CP:

Code:
          Debug: Error
          syntax error, unexpected '='
          occurred in file .../public_html/forums/core/admincp/user.php on line 2001
          Trace[LIST][*]Function relay in file .../public_html/forums/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/relay.php line 33[*]Function admincp in file .../public_html/forums/index.php line 74[/LIST]

Comment

What is the php version you are running (as reported on the front page of the admincp)?

When you applied the 5.6.1 PL2 patch, were you already running 5.6.1? If not, you would need to upload the full 5.6.1 file package and run the upgrade script.

In any event, you should upgrade to 5.6.3 and see if the issue persists.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.4 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Seems to be a PHP version error. The minimum required version of PHP for vBulletin 5.6.X is 7.2. The code in question requires a minimum of 7.1.

Code:
                    // We can do this as of PHP 7.1 https://wiki.php.net/rfc/short_list_syntax
                    ['users' => $usersPrune, 'count' => $totalCount] = $result;

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I run on PHP 7.3.0 but vBulletin 5 for some reason doesn't recognize it, as it says it runs on an older version when is not the case. I even get this message when I try to check for the php version in the Maintenance CP:

Code:
                Warning: phpinfo() has been disabled for security reasons in .../admincp/index.php on line 1239

Comment

You'll need to talk to your host about disabled functions and what version is actually running in your vBulletin directory. With modern web hosts, every directory can be running a different version of PHP and even be different from the command line interface.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X