Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing last post of sub-forum

Hi,

I don't know when it happend but at least in the last versions there is something missing.

The topic list of a forum contains the last edited topics in that forum. But it does not contain topics of a sub-forum.

You can see an example here (or in screenshots): https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...sues-questions
    The topic with the last post shown in "vBulletin 5 Tutorials" is not shown in the topiclist of "Support Issues & Questions" although "vBulletin 5 Tutorials" is a Sub-Forum of "Support Issues & Questions".
    Is it broken by design or a bug that will be fixed in future?

Best regards

Last post information for sub-forums does not show for each individual forum on the main forum listing (or the default home page). This is by design and not a bug. It is consistent to how sub-forums have behaved in a default installation since 2004. Unless I am missing something. I don't see any issues in your images. In your images, there are newer posts than what is in the sub-forum. So those posts should list on the main listing.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Hi Wayne,

thank you for your reply.

Are you sure that this really wasn't a feature since 2004?

Our clients recently started complaining about missing sub-forum posts in the topic-history of the parent-forum.
      According to our update history I suppose this functionality changed somewhere between 5.5.4 and 5.6.0.

As we don't allow posting directly in forums with sub-forums since several years there are only very old posts in the parent-forum topic-history. That should have been noticed earlier if that wasn't a thing since 2004.

Just to be sure we are talking about the same thing: I'm talking about the module "widget channel display" (can only guess the english module name) showing the tab "Topics" with "Last Post" by Topic.
      It has some settings like filter_new_topics (like "show new topics") and filter_depth (like "show sub-forums?"). I think those settings are responsible for this feature and I suppose that filter_depth is broken recently:

Click image for larger version  Name:	moduleconfig.png Views:	0 Size:	46.7 KB ID:	4446204

Does that help? Thank you in advance.

Best regards
      dwwm
      Last edited by dwwm; Tue 25 Aug '20, 2:29am. Reason: fixed wording

Comment

Sub-forums have never shown their last post content on the main page. Sub-forums are designed to be shown in a table of multiple columns. They show the title of the forum and the number of topics/replies in parenthesis after the title.

Your images do not help because they are not in English. And there is not even enough context to even know what I am looking at.

The Channel Display Module shows a list of channels. The depth determines how many levels deep it goes. It does not determine whether channels show "Last Post" content within the Channel Display Module. The New Topics filter shows New Topics. These are topics created since your last visit. It does not include topics that have created before your last visit whether they have new replies or not.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I'm not talking about the main page. I'm talking about the "detail page" of a forum like Forum > vBulletin 5 Connect > Support Issues & Questions (https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...sues-questions) which has at least one subforum like Forum > vBulletin 5 Connect > Support Issues & Questions > vBulletin 5 Tutorials (https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...in-5-tutorials).

The screenshot from my post above shows the config of the corresponding module in the sitebuilder of the forum page.

The Channel Display Module shows a list of channels
          I'm talking about the topics list showing at the bottom of this page (please have a look at the screenshots in my starter post). Sorry for confusion, it seemed to me that it is part of the channel display module - I suppose you could know the architecture better than me.

The New Topics filter shows New Topics. These are topics created since your last visit. It does not include topics that have created before your last visit whether they have new replies or not.
          No, not really. The 553 pages of the topics list in this forum shows topics since 09.09.2012 until now but the list does not include the topics of the subforum (vBulletin 5 Tutorials) anymore since the last versions. That's the point I mean.

Best regards

Comment

I was wondering where the issue is. The links on this site that you provide are showing the last post information for "Tutorials" correctly.

The forum page has two modules....

Sub-forum Display Module which shows any sub-forums and their information.
            Channel Display Module which shows a list of topics for that specific forum, not its sub-forums.

As stated, the original images are showing the correct information on this site.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment