Modules Without Edit or Delete Buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modules Without Edit or Delete Buttons

I been looking at the different modules on my forum homepage.
    I have come across 2 now that have no edit or delete buttons (vB Messenger Module & New Content Module), so I am forced to ditch my default homepage and start over.
    Is there a way to delete these modules without having to ditch the page or is that pretty much it ??

All modules should have delete options.

ETA : Who's Online Module Can't be deleted either
    Last edited by da_prez; Sat 22 Aug '20, 11:39am.

You cannot delete system modules from pages. This prevents you from harming your site in a manner that is not easily fixable. However, if you put the site into Debug Mode then you should be able to delete them. Only the standard modules provided outside of debug mode should be placed on custom pages. All three of the modules mention can only be placed on pages while in Debug Mode.

Not all modules have options. Those without options do not have an edit button.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Okay, I put site in debug mode.

The vB Messenger module still doesn't have a delete button, but the weird thing is, it is now call New Message module.
      And it is the box that you type posts in.
      It screws up the formatting of the whole page because it stretches all the way across it, obviously throwing some code out of whack.

Comment

I added the vBMessenger module to the left side where it says "Get Started ..."

At the bottom you can see the reply or post box, it scrolls with the screen.

And the other is from the site builder.
        No delete button in debug and different name.

Comment

You will have to use the tools.php file included in your do_not_upload folder to restore the default page. The instructions on using tools.php are here: https://forum.vbulletin.com/articles...sing-tools-php

Once done, you can re-apply your other changes to the page. Do not edit pages in Debug Mode. Do not add System Modules to pages just because you can. However, System Modules should not appear if you're not in Debug Mode.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thank you for the help.

One last thing, to be clear.

Will running tools.php revert other custom templates I have made or the pages they are contained on ?

Comment

Bump

Comment

tools.php does not touch templates.
                MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  You will have to use the tools.php file included in your do_not_upload folder to restore the default page. The instructions on using tools.php are here: https://forum.vbulletin.com/articles...sing-tools-php

Once done, you can re-apply your other changes to the page. Do not edit pages in Debug Mode. Do not add System Modules to pages just because you can. However, System Modules should not appear if you're not in Debug Mode.
                  I'm having this exact same issue... I have turn debug mode off (won't be making that mistake again) and used tools.php several times to Restore Pages and it appears to be working when restoring... however, it isn't fixing the issue or restoring the pages to default. I've restored pages, cleared cache and even used a different device to verify, but the custom modules as well as the messenger module issue above is still showing on the pages when I view them. Is there something simple that I am missing?

Edit: Scratch that, I got it fixed... I had to just move the module outside of the Global Section... sorry about that
                  Last edited by Shon; Tue 3 Nov '20, 4:39pm.
                  It is fatal to enter any war without the will to win it.
                  --General Douglas MacArthur

Comment

Originally posted by da_prez View Post
                    I been looking at the different modules on my forum homepage.
                    I have come across 2 now that have no edit or delete buttons (vB Messenger Module & New Content Module), so I am forced to ditch my default homepage and start over.
                    Is there a way to delete these modules without having to ditch the page or is that pretty much it ??

All modules should have delete options.

ETA : Who's Online Module Can't be deleted either
                    Search for the theme you use
                    Code:
                    widget_admin_default
                    Replace its content with this one.
                    Code:
                    {vb:data widgetConfig, widget, fetchConfig, {vb:var widget.widgetinstanceid}}

<vb:comment>In debug mode allow editing/moving/removing all modules</vb:comment>
                    <vb:if condition="$config->debug">
                    {vb:set hide_edit, 0}
                    {vb:set hide_move, 0}
                    {vb:set hide_remove, 0}
                    </vb:if>

<div data-widget-instance-id="{vb:var widget.widgetinstanceid}" data-widget-id="{vb:var widget.widgetid}" class="canvas-widget default-widget widget-no-header-buttons shadow collapsed<vb:if condition="$isSearchWidget"> js-search-widget</vb:if>{vb:var addWidgetClass}">

<div class="widget-header h-clearfix">

<div class="module-title h-left">
                    {vb:set widgetTitle {vb:rawphrase {vb:var widget.title}}}
                    <vb:if condition="!empty($widgetConfig['title'])">
                    {vb:set widgetTitle {vb:var widgetConfig.title}}
                    <vb:if condition="!empty($widgetConfig['searchTitle'])">
                    {vb:set widgetTitle {vb:var widgetConfig.searchTitle}}
                    <span class="admin-only">{vb:rawphrase x_module, {vb:raw widgetTitle}}</span>
                    </div>

<vb:if condition="!empty($show_ad_menu) AND $user['can_admin_ads']">
                    {vb:set show_ad_menu, 1}
                    <vb:else />
                    {vb:set show_ad_menu, 0}

<div class="module-buttons<vb:if condition="$show_ad_menu"> moderationmenu_container</vb:if>">
                    <span class="admin-only<vb:if condition="$show_ad_menu"> moderation-mainmenu inline</vb:if>">

<vb:if condition="empty($hide_move)">
                    <span class="move-icon module-button-item js-move-button" title="{vb:phrase move_module}"><span>{vb:phrase move}</span></span>

<vb:if condition="empty($hide_edit)">
                    <span class="edit-button js-edit-button module-button-item" title="{vb:phrase edit_module}"><span>{vb:phrase edit}</span></span>

<vb:if condition="$show_ad_menu">
                    <span class="add-first-axd axd-edit-button axd-first-post-icon module-button-item" title="{vb:phrase manage_first_post_content_ads}" data-location="first-post"><span>{vb:phrase manage_first_post_content_ads}</span></span>
                    <span class="add-last-axd axd-edit-button axd-last-post-icon module-button-item" title="{vb:phrase manage_last_post_content_ads}" data-location="last-post"><span>{vb:phrase manage_last_post_content_ads}</span></span>
                    <vb:if condition="empty($hide_remove)">
                    <span class="close-button module-button-item js-remove-button" title="{vb:phrase remove_module}"><span>{vb:phrase remove}</span></span>
                    <vb:else />
                    <span class="close-button module-button-item js-remove-button" title="{vb:phrase remove_module}"><span>{vb:phrase remove}</span></span>

</span>
                    </div>

</div>

<div class="widget-content h-hide js-widget-content">
                    <div class="canvas-layout-row no-columns">
                    <div class="canvas-widget-list h-clearfix ui-sortable js-admin-widget-list">
                    <vb:comment>
                    Modules inside a container module are added here via JS.
                    </vb:comment>
                    </div>
                    </div>
                    </div>

</div>
                    vbulletin-forum.de

Comment

• da_prez
                      da_prez commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Much Appreciated.
                      This will be helpful in the future.