themes not loading

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• themes not loading

Site was hacked, had to reload all files and restore database. I missed a step somewhere, Admincp looks fine but when I click to see the forum I get this. any ideas?

Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is Character

Rat Rod City

Feels like we all got hacked. Most ppl don`t tell, but bruh - tough times.
    Some mate of mine got 114.000+ users table dumped, another one had 37.000+ users data dumped.
    I myself had 92.000+ users data dumped - but wayne said: ".htaccess would not allow that". Well, he did not say that, but his real answer was as helpful as that: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...17#post4445317
    This ended 18+ years of community for me - and even worse for my mates. Since "this can not happen", we understood that there will be no help from vbulletin.
    No questions about details, no interest in software versions or such. We feel beeing left alone and we understand to be supposed to shut up.

Anyways: Since we don`t get the needed support and or help, we`re going to test importers from different brands. We gave up. Sad, but true.
    TBH things were going down since end of vb3.
    However, good luck with your site.
    Paul M. 14.12.2012: You already know vB4 isnt being worked on atm, so of course no bugs are going to have been fixed in the last few months, nor are they going to get fixed "now".

Comment

No one likes being hacked, but the fact is no software can be considered immune. In this latest exploit, hackers were able install shell access to your server. The measure in .htaccess makes it more difficult to navigate to protected areas of the Forum, but once someone has shell access to your server, this defense, and all other defenses are bypassed.

One thing everyone should do immediately if they suspect they've been hacked is to change their database password as this is discoverable in the config file.
      VB 5.6.4
      PHP 7.4
      MySQL 5.7.24

Comment

ok, so I resolved my issue by exporting the old DB with drop table and zipped format. then I imported the styles tables and my issue is resolved.

in regards to the statements above and hacking. I don't know if it was a VB issue that allowed someone to empty the dir or a actual host break in.
        Fame is vapor, popularity an accident, riches take wings. Only one thing endures and that is Character

Rat Rod City

Comment

Originally posted by Rastus View Post
          Site was hacked, had to reload all files and restore database. I missed a step somewhere, Admincp looks fine but when I click to see the forum I get this. any ideas?
          Your .htaccess file was deleted or replaced. Upload a new copy from your vBulletin download package.

Make sure you're running the latest PL level. Preferably 5.6.2 PL1.

I actually recommend uploading a fresh new copy of all files and running upgrade.php on your site to rebuild the compiled templates. After that you should go to Maintenance -> Diagnostics in the AdminCP and run the suspect file diagnostics. Make sure that there are no extra files in the system.

The easiest way to work around this in the future is to work with your hosting provider to make sure that your webserver cannot write to the main vBulletin directories or files. As stated above, we provide some security in the .htaccess file but if something happens that allows access to the file system then other precautions are needed.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post

Your .htaccess file was deleted or replaced. Upload a new copy from your vBulletin download package.

Make sure you're running the latest PL level. Preferably 5.6.2 PL1.

I actually recommend uploading a fresh new copy of all files and running upgrade.php on your site to rebuild the compiled templates. After that you should go to Maintenance -> Diagnostics in the AdminCP and run the suspect file diagnostics. Make sure that there are no extra files in the system.

The easiest way to work around this in the future is to work with your hosting provider to make sure that your webserver cannot write to the main vBulletin directories or files. As stated above, we provide some security in the .htaccess file but if something happens that allows access to the file system then other precautions are needed.
            Thanks, Wayne.. I did all the above, my styles table was corrupt and I had to export and import it to resolve.

Rat Rod City

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
            Working...
            X