No announcement yet.

VB5 modding tutorials / resources?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to talk with myself The above does work - the session styleid gets changed, but...
    then again somewhere the styleid gets it's default ID.

To check where it happens I just inserted exit(); and move it line after line like:

Code:
    $templater = new vB5_Template('new_custom_template');
    $templater->registerGlobal('page', $page);
    $templater->registerGlobal('my_tons_of_code_output', $my_tons_of_code_output);
    $output = vB5_ApplicationAbstract::getPreheader() . $templater->render();
    [COLOR=#c0392b][B]exit();[/B][/COLOR]
    echo $output;
    then refresh my custom page and then I check the session table in the DB. So... until echoing the output the styleid remained the way i have set it.
    But something happens during/after output and the styleid gets reverted to default...

why
    What's brewing in Poland? Find out on www.Browar.biz (in Polish)
    PL: Modyfikacje vB: www.pub.net.pl

Comment

switchCssStyle in http://vb5support.com/resources/api/...ary_Style.html may be a starting point

Comment

Can I respectfully request this be moved to the proper forum? I've unfollowed this channel because I keep receiving notifications about this thread, which has nothing to do with feedback on the vBulletin5 Connect product and everything to do with Tutorials, which has its own sub-forum.

Comment

Sorry to disturb. must have otherwise understood the term feedback.

Comment

• In Omnibus
            In Omnibus commented
            Editing a comment
            I didn't mean to imply anything negative toward you and the information is useful but there's a better location for it.

• Turtullo
            Turtullo commented
            Editing a comment
            It is not a problem for me to get my thread moved into a more apropriate category if there is one.

Originally posted by shka View Post
          switchCssStyle in http://vb5support.com/resources/api/...ary_Style.html may be a starting point

Thanks, shka. Unfortunately I cannot get this accomplished.
          Do I have any chance to get an answer from the vbulletin dev team maybe?

Comment

Originally posted by In Omnibus View Post
            Can I respectfully request this be moved to the proper forum? I've unfollowed this channel because I keep receiving notifications about this thread, which has nothing to do with feedback on the vBulletin5 Connect product and everything to do with Tutorials, which has its own sub-forum.
            It doesn't belong in tutorials either. A tutorial is where you are expressly explaining how to do something, not asking for help in doing it.

I'll move this to the support forum, but most of it is outside the scope of official vBulletin support.
            MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
            AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
              I'll move this to the support forum, but most of it is outside the scope of official vBulletin support.
              Thanks Mark B.

I am not, by no means, asking the VB staff for doing my work for me, just would like know how to use an element of the purchased product. I am trying to answer most of my vb-api-related questions by myself - I am not posting every issue I am encountering. But with this one I seem to be stuck. I will figure it out eventually, but it would be really helpful getting some directions while I am actively getting my other issues solved by myself parallely

Comment

• delicjous
                delicjous commented
                Editing a comment
                You should ask your question again in a thread with a proper title and content to make a short description what you want to do and what you tried already. Nobody wants to read a bunch of post to have a clue what you want to accomplish.