Branding free?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Branding free?

I just installed 5.6.3 Alpha 4. I bought the branding free license. Somehow it`s branded now. Normally I would make sure that branding free is checked when I download vb - but in this case, it does not work.
    google and search showed some closed topic, telling there will be some advice:
    https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...ith-simple-css

So instructions... I need them.
    Paul M. 14.12.2012: You already know vB4 isnt being worked on atm, so of course no bugs are going to have been fixed in the last few months, nor are they going to get fixed "now".

It's an Alpha version, not a release, so it's going to be branded.

But the instructions are the same as the ones you should have received by email when you purchased your branding-free license upgrade.

Comment

Note: The branding free option is only for removing all visual branding. It does not remove the internal code and files that reference vBulletin.

If you have already installed your forum you can follow the instructions below to manually remove the branding:

1. In Admin CP expand Languages & Phrases and click on "Search in Phrases."

2. Search for: Powered By vBulletin

3. Click on the Find button.

Three phrases will come up that you need to provide a translation for. You can make them say whatever you want. The translation will always be used instead of the original phrase in the language(s) you provide the translation for.

The phrases will be: powered_by_vbulletin, powered_by_vbulletin_title, vbulletin_copyright, and x_powered_by_vbulletin.

Your second option is to either wait until you upgrade the forum, or download the latest branding free files from the Member's Area and run the upgrade.php script, as if you were upgrading the forum, and the branding free changes will be made automatically.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
      Working...
      X