Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rosely
    replied
    They are definitely infractions and not warnings. The infraction group is set to 11 and the testuser has at the moment 11 points. So I added 4 as a custom infraction, which took to 15, which successfully triggered a 7 day ban (which we have as an automatic ban). That worked, but obviously wasn't what I was trying for, so I reversed it and gave them a 2pt infraction, taking them up to 13 and they still didn't move into the infraction usergroup they should have.

It does however show in their user data under 'infractions' > Infraction Groups > Temp Boiler/VIP ban they should be in. But the Primary usergroup is still just down as Registered User. If I drop their infraction points to 10 there (11 being the trigger for the Infraction Group), the mention of an Infraction Group disappears, and returns again when the points are upped to 11 again. So it is registering that they should be in the infraction group there, but isn't moving them into the Usergroup for that.
    Last edited by Rosely; Wed 28 Oct '20, 10:23am.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I am sorry. I haven't been able to recreate this on my local machine. I am experiencing SSD failures and have been waiting on a new drive to arrive from Amazon.

If you set the ban to say 11 points and give them 15 points in a custom infraction do they move? Also it is an Infraction and not a warning correct? Warning points don't count.

Leave a comment:

• Rosely
    replied
    Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
    Will have to set this up on my test site.
    I ran another test infraction and it still didn't move the testuser. When I moved them manually into the infraction group they were unable to see the areas as intended, so it does seem to be the interaction between the infraction points of the usergroup and the automation of it that isn't somehow correct.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Will have to set this up on my test site.

Leave a comment:

• Rosely
    replied
    Infractions should take place immediately. I've just tested this on a test installation and have received the proper results.

What is the infraction group set up in the AdminCP?

What are the specific permissions for that channel in the channel permissions?
    Sorry for the delay on checking this.

I've set up a custom usergroup for the intended temporary infraction (Temp boiler/VIP ban) based on one of the existing registered users settings.

But then in the channel permissions for two areas (The Boiler Room and VIP Forum), the custom permissions were set to 'no' for all the channel permissions, matching other user groups that can't view in those specific channels.

I then set up a User Infraction Group, set to 'All Usergroups' as the Primary Usergroup, to Override with Permissions from the Temp Boiler/VIP ban usergroup. Override display to 'no', points at 11.

I then gave a ten point and single one point infraction to a test user and they didn't move into the infraction group and could still view the areas they should then have been banned from. I then removed those infractions and tried a custom 11 point infraction instead in case it hadn't worked because the infractions were broken up and it still didn't move them.

Leave a comment:

• Rosely
    commented on 's reply
    Yes the group was set up in the AdminCP Infraction Manager. The channel permissions were to follow an existing standard usergroup except I altered the access to the one specific channel we wanted them banned from too.

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Originally posted by Rosely View Post

I have set up an infraction group that should direct anyone with infraction points of 11 out of any primary usergroup into a custom usergroup where I've denied permission to view a specific channel. But when I created a test account and applied 11 infraction points the new user didn't move into the custom usergroup. My hope was that with the infraction expiring in 3 days it would result in a temporary brief shift just to allow a short ban from one section and then return them to their original group. But they aren't moving at all.

The infraction user group doesn't have very many settings when you create it so I'm at a loss as to what I've done wrong, but then saw this thread and realised it might not be just me.
    Infractions should take place immediately. I've just tested this on a test installation and have received the proper results.

What is the infraction group set up in the AdminCP?

What are the specific permissions for that channel in the channel permissions?

Leave a comment:

• OrganForum
    commented on 's reply
    If the delay is caused by the scheduling of a task, you can always alter the frequency that the task runs in the Schedule Manager.

• Rosely
    commented on 's reply
    Ah, okay, thank you. This has taken a day before so I'll leave the infractions on the testuser and see if they move within 24hrs. Moving members manually would probably be necessary though, if this is the kind of delay our systems are going to create for infraction based situations.

• OrganForum
    commented on 's reply
    Keep in mind that many aspects of the Forum are updated with scheduled tasks, so the move to another group may not occur until that specific task has run under the Scheduled Task Manager.

• Rosely
    replied
    You would have to put the user in a custom usergroup that does not have permission to view/post in the channel. You could also set up infractions so that if the user gets a set number of points, they are moved to that group.
    I have set up an infraction group that should direct anyone with infraction points of 11 out of any primary usergroup into a custom usergroup where I've denied permission to view a specific channel. But when I created a test account and applied 11 infraction points the new user didn't move into the custom usergroup. My hope was that with the infraction expiring in 3 days it would result in a temporary brief shift just to allow a short ban from one section and then return them to their original group. But they aren't moving at all.

The infraction user group doesn't have very many settings when you create it so I'm at a loss as to what I've done wrong, but then saw this thread and realised it might not be just me.

Leave a comment:

• ayjayef
    replied
    Thanks Wayne,
    I'll let him know he dreamt it and we'll kick around the solution.

Cheers.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    You would have to put the user in a custom usergroup that does not have permission to view/post in the channel. You could also set up infractions so that if the user gets a set number of points, they are moved to that group.

Leave a comment:

• ayjayef
    started a topic Ban single user from specific channel.

Ban single user from specific channel.

One of our moderators was sure that there was a way of banning a single user from a channel (not the whole forum) but for the life of us we can't find it.

Did he dream it?

He has Channel Management/Moderator Permissions/User Permissions/Can Ban Users
    ...and can ban a user but not from only one an area.