Set user to 'email all notifications' after upgrade from vb4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Set user to 'email all notifications' after upgrade from vb4

After upgrading a vb422 forum to vb562 users who are subscribed to threads/forums get notifications about those via notification center only because 'Email Notifications' is set to 'off, through my message center only'. In vb4 they used to get mailed.

Is the upgrade supposed to set users to a not-mail setting like that?

Is it possible to mass-set ALL users to email-on-notification using a query? (I think it's in the user table, but the notifcation_option fields is a combined/bitmask field which I rather not mess with without guidance ;-))

vBulletin 4.X didn't actually have notification settings like this. It didn't have all the different types of notifications either. The system in vBulletin 5 didn't exist until vBulletin 5.2.X or so. By this time, the vBulletin 4.X data is already gone.

You can change this setting globally under Maintenance -> Execute SQL Query. Turning email notification on will be listed under the Automatic Query drop down.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Ah, I wasn't aware of the 'automatic query' part of 'execute sql query', thanks for the pointer!
      I was thinking of the subscibe to topic/forum notification thing, vb4 had that but that was either mail or icq (I think, never used icq)

Two more question about the vb5 subscribe system;

If I understand the vb5 system correctly, user can subscribe to threads/forums as usual but the frequency of notifications is the same for all of them, right? That is the freq. set in user-setting. In vb4 you could set instant/daily/weekly per topic.

And another question; I see a 'subscribe' button on forum level. What is the minimum permission needed for a user to be able to use it (without getting a 'you are not authorized' popup) ?

Comment

They need the "Can Join/Subscribe Channel" permission in order to subscribe to any channel as well as join Social Groups.

Email notification frequency is global to the account across all channels and topics. There is a feature request in our tracker to allow this per subscription item.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thanks for the clear and to the point answer(s) !

Comment