X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to publish later?

But what is this task for?
    Scheduled Unattended Publish
    If Articles have been scheduled for future unattended publish or unpublish, this task handles them.
    There seems to exists an option, to publish articles to a specific time in the future. How does this work? Have no idea, where or how I can define articles and their publish time. May I can publish posts or topics with, too?

In articles you could disable „publish now“ and enter a time the article will published. This is not possible with posts because you could not enter a time with posts.

Comment

Above advice is correct, and indeed it only applies to articles.

Posts cannot be set to publish at a later date, indeed it would be somewhat counterproductive to do so.
      MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
      AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

• delicjous
        delicjous commented
        Editing a comment
        In my opinion it would be great to publish starters at a given date and time, but it is not an option yet.

Thanks, Mark.B and Danke delicjous.

Comment

I have created posts with a future publish date using the REST API, and they seem to work correctly, and get picked up by the cron task.

Comment

Originally posted by southstar86 View Post
          I have created posts with a future publish date using the REST API, and they seem to work correctly, and get picked up by the cron task.
          Yes. All nodes have "publish" date. There is no interface in the software to set this for the future except for Articles.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by southstar86 View Post
            Sounds interesting for me. Can you post an example code?

Comment

• southstar86
              southstar86 commented
              Editing a comment
              Are you familiar with using the REST API? I'm just creating new posts by using the content_text.add method, and setting publishdate to the future date I want the post to be live on.

• BulliM
              BulliM commented
              Editing a comment
              I use $nodeId = $api->callApi('content_text', 'add', array($input, $options)); and set $input and $options. Can I set publishdate simply like 'publishdate' => strtotime("2 September 2020"); under $input?