Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] Error with Attachments

Hello,
    when I attached images, I sometime see this error messages that creates the following error codes and even when I edit a post, it creates the error codes double as attached. It even attach more than 5 images more than the limit I set in AdminCP.

Would you please help me fix this issue?

Thank you

Last edited by Claire SR; Sat 1 Aug '20, 12:43pm.

These aren't error codes. This is how images are inserted inline within a topic.

1. What words do you have in your censor list? Is one of them "lick"? Change it to "{lick}"
    2. Make sure the Link BB Code is enabled under Settings -> Options -> BB Code Options.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thanks Wayne,

I've updated #1 as advised.
      and the #2 is already set up as below but I didn't allow most users BB Code in their User Group Settings and Channel Permissions. Would it be a problem?

Please advise me.

Thank you

Click image for larger version

Name:	bb.png
Views:	39
Size:	178.0 KB
ID:	4444450

Comment

Yes, not allowing BBCode would prevent users from inserting attachments inline and can result in code like like this. Though, I don't know how you're preventing some users from using BBCode since it isn't a usergroup or channel permission. There is a Channel Setting under the Channel Manager that would turn off all BBCode. That would apply to all users, even administrators.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Sorry Wayne, I was confused with the BB code settings in Usergroup/Signature Permissions.

I inserted the image in the post by clicking the button below named "Upload Attachments(#2 in Attached image) without using BB Code.
          For that button, BB code always should be turned on?

There are too many options to upload an image and I would like to know

1. what are the differences between 1,2 and 3.
          2. where is the image uploaded via each button from 1,2 or 3.
          3. if there is any way I can store them in a specific folders under public_html/.. so that I can manage each of the files uploaded from a different button.

Sorry to bother you but please clarify this or give me some link to better understand.

Thank you for your help always.

Click image for larger version

Name:	images.png
Views:	53
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	4444470

Comment

1) This doesn't matter. Images in a photo gallery cannot be inserted inline.

2 & 3) Both use BBCode to insert images inline and work exactly the same way in formatting. How the images are stored and used in the post has no difference.

2) allows users to upload multiple files and potentially insert them. It isn't required though.

3) allows users to upload one image at a time and immediately insert them at the cursor.

All formatting inside a post uses BB Code.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thank you for clarifying!!! Your explanation helped a lot.

Comment