Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Getting Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 () error

Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 404 ()
    This is with reference to:
    /js/jquery/jquery.tmpl.min.js?v=562
    but that
    jquery.tmpl.min.js
    is a file I deleted after upgrade from 5.6.1 to 5.6.2 It does not exist in 5.6.2 I don't think.

What is odd is that I have two vb5 sites. Both running 5.6.2 - on one, I see this error within browser Developer tools. On the other, I do not. I checked, and this file (the 5.6.1 version) was deleted on both sites.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 14 Jul '20, 11:10am.

vBulletin 5.6.2 does not use jquery.tmpl.min. I do not know why your page is requesting it unless it from a third-party addon.

Or you have edited templates that could not be merged and they need to be manually changed or reverted. The system will tell you about these in the AdminCP.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

There are no edited templates - I use all stock.

I did find one add on that was activated on the site that is displaying the error that was disabled on the other site - I disabled it but the error still loads. Two identical sites as far as add ons and vb 5.6.2 , one displays this error, the other does not.

Comment

From the information provided (there isn't even a link to the problem) there is no way to determine why your site is trying to include an obsolete file. The standard troubleshooting procedure is to:
        1. Uninstall all third-party addons.
        2. See if the Default Style exhibits the same issue.
        3. See if the English Language exhibits the same issue.
        4. Review all Static HTML and Ad modules to make sure you're not trying to include an obsolete file.
        5. Turn on "View Template Name in HTML Comments" to see which template is including the offending code.
        6. Once you find the template, edit it to remove the offending custom code or revert it to default.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment