Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attachment Directory/Upload error

Admin: duplicate thread, please remove?

I noted a sig pic not displaying. Attempted to correct, recalled there'd been a directory error before, tested an attachment. (Do attachments work as images for signatures?)

Can't find Attachment Directory setting for URL path in CP. Is a path needed? What should the directory path be for attachments on the server?

Thanks.

Click image for larger version  Name:	attachment directory error.jpg Views:	0 Size:	32.6 KB ID:	4443693
    Last edited by Rakehel; Mon 6 Jul '20, 9:50am. Reason: Duplicate Post

By default, vBulletin will store the file in the database. This isn't actually recommended but it is set that way for ease of use without technical knowledge.

You probably changed this under Attachments -> Attachment Storage Type. A proper path is required and the directory needs to be chmod 777 so that the system can store the file with whatever OS User is running the command.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment