Problem with PayPal subscriptions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with PayPal subscriptions

We are having a problem with PayPal and subscriptions.
    They don't (all) seem to be going through. In fact the vast majority of them are failing.

The charge is getting processed correctly, it's just not reflecting back to the subscription change correctly.
    Everything looks fine in PayPal, but the transaction logs are empty.

I'd guess 90% of the payments have this issue - it's only the odd one or two that are working.
    Have no idea where to start to look at what's wrong.

Hi.
    I was having trouble as well. I changed this to off "Block non-encrypted website payment" and I've had no more issues.

https://www.paypal.com/businessmanag...rences/website

Comment

Make sure to update the IPN Callback URL to match the new URL of your website after moving to vBulletin Cloud. You would do this on the Paypal website in the Account settings.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

The IPN is set to https://<my-site-vb>/payment_gateway.php?method=paypal

Based on some activity yesterday we figured out that it is working for non recurring payments.
        Only recurring ones are having the issue.

Comment

You changed your Forum URL correct?

The recurring payments will have the URL that was entered when they were created. vBulletin has absolutely no way to change this as Paypal handles all the recurring payments. So you would need to do one or both of these:

1. Encourage people to cancel their recurring payments within their Paypal account and re-subscribe with the new URL.
          2. Redirect your old Forum URL to the new vBulletin Cloud URL using a 301 redirect.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

It was changed when we moved to the hosted version.
            It's pointing to the hosted version in PayPal.

But - and it's a big but - we didn't offer recurring hithertofore that time.
            That was only turned on after the move.
            Last edited by 6-pack; Thu 2 Jul '20, 1:10pm.

Comment

Originally posted by spiderweb View Post
              Hi.
              I was having trouble as well. I changed this to off "Block non-encrypted website payment" and I've had no more issues.

https://www.paypal.com/businessmanag...rences/website
              This is off.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
              Working...
              X