Clear All

• PHP Hanging Copying to tmp table

Hi,

I am using vB5.6.2
    PHP version 7.3.19
    MySQL version 10.1.40-MariaDB
    Occurs on all browsers
    Viglink and TapaTalk Addons

My server started maxing out at 100% CPU usage and locks up the server where I can't even get to the AdminCP.
    I tried to put it into debug mode but since the server is maxed out the page will not load.

The host tells me the server is hanging up on PHP queries. A whole page list like these:

| 18935879 | watchint_me | localhost | watchint_forum | Query | 3407 | Copying to tmp table | SELECT node.nodeid, starter.parentid, starter.userid
    | 18950719 | watchint_me | localhost | watchint_forum | Query | 2553 | Copying to tmp table | SELECT node.nodeid, starter.parentid, starter.userid
    | 18950720 | watchint_me | localhost | watchint_forum | Query | 2552 | Copying to tmp table | SELECT node.nodeid, starter.parentid, starter.userid
    | 18950721 | watchint_me | localhost | watchint_forum | Query | 2552 | Copying to tmp table | SELECT node.nodeid, starter.parentid, starter.userid
    | 18950723 | watchint_me | localhost | watchint_forum | Query | 2553 | Copying to tmp table | SELECT node.nodeid, starter.parentid, starter.userid
    | 18966012 | watchint_me | localhost | watchint_forum | Query | 1719 | Copying to tmp table | SELECT node.nodeid, starter.parentid, starter.userid
    | 18973905 | watchint_me | localhost | watchint_forum | Query | 1314 | Copying to tmp table | SELECT node.nodeid
    | 18974020 | watchint_me | localhost | watchint_forum | Query | 1307 | Copying to tmp table | SELECT node.nodeid, starter.parentid, starter.userid
    | 18974073 | watchint_me | localhost | watchint_forum | Query | 1304 | Copying to tmp table | SELECT node.nodeid, starter.parentid, starter.userid

Any idea on what I could do to correct this problem?
    I have tried restoring an older database with the same issue and I have tried reinstalling vBulletin to the server, both after killing the running process, but soon as I enter the forum the processes lock up again and the page freezes.

Also, before this started happening I was only using an average of less than 30% of my CPU

Thanks for any help. I been down for almost 3 days now.

This is really best directed at your host. There isn't a great deal you can do in vBulletin if the server is unresponsive.

If it was working previously then you also need to look at what changed. Did the host upgrade something, for instance?
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.2 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Originally posted by Mark.B View Post
      This is really best directed at your host. There isn't a great deal you can do in vBulletin if the server is unresponsive.

If it was working previously then you also need to look at what changed. Did the host upgrade something, for instance?
      Hi Mark, thanks for the reply.
      No changes have been made on the host end according to them.
      The only thing different is I upgraded to vB5.6.2 from vB5.5.6 P1

I did manage to open a page in debug mode. Nothing revealing there I don't think. I have gone back and forth with the host for days now and they insist is has something to do with my PHP queries hanging depleting the CPU resources.

Here's what showed in the debug mode:

Debug Information
      • Page ID: 95
      • Parent ID: 59
      • Page Template ID: 2
      • Route ID: 112
      • Page Type: custom
      • Screen Layout ID: 1
      • Screen Layout Template: screenlayout_display_full
      • Channel ID: 37
      • Node ID: 37
      • Database Asserts: 0 (?)
      • AJAX Requests: 1
      • Facebook Active: No (Not enabled or no appid & secret set)
      • Style ID: 27
      • Templates/Renders: 41/103
      • CSS Templates: 4
      • JS Files: 8
      • Included Files: 182
      • Autoloaded Classes: 178
      • Current Time: Sat, 27 Jun 2020 15:27:34 -0400
      • Page Time: 13.9028

Comment

It really shouldn't be trying to copy the node table to a tmp table. This is going to be a long and arduous operation. Do you know that the specific query is that is causing this? What are the specific steps to recreate the issue? i.e. what exactly are you doing?

Please list the steps to recreate the issue, no videos or screenshots please.

The default Debug statistics aren't where things are interesting. When you're on a page with the issue, click the "?" next to "Database Asserts". It will list all the queries. However, since PHP isn't doing anything and the database is tied up with this tmp table issue, then it probably won't load. Just like your quoted debug statistics says 0 database asserts, which is impossible on any page. What does the MySQL query log say about the issue? You would obtain that from your hosting provider.

Finally make sure that you are using the INNODB table engine on all tables except Language, Phrase, and Usertextfield. We do not support the MyISAM or ARIA table types on other tables.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
        Working...
        X