PM Character Limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] PM Character Limit

I spent the entire day today upgrading from vb 4.2.5 to 5.6.2. There's a few small things I've got to take care of, but for the most part, it's working. I ran into a weird issue though when trying to set the Min and Max character limit for Private Messages.

They had been set to 0 before, which disables the limits. I tried to send a PM and discovered the PM character limit was now set to 1. Changing it back to 0 reverted back to 1. If I set the value to something larger, the setting takes, but set it to 0 and the value reverts back to 1.

For now, I'm just setting the max to a large number, but if someone else could take a look at this, let me know.

The value for these fields must be a positive integer in vBulletin 5. 0 is not a positive integer. I don't know the reasoning behind the change from previous versions. However, it is probably tied in the new data structure as Private Messages are no long some secondary form of content. They are nodes similar to posts in a forum. In reality, these two options should be removed.

In the meantime, it would appear the description needs to be updated.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
    Working...
    X