Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mohammed Abu Risha
    commented on 's reply
    I would suggest you change the password in the SQL database.

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Once you log into your customer account on the main site, they will be shown under "Addons" on the purchase page.

Leave a comment:

• josueinaki
    replied
    where I can find this paid ticket or professional installation service?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    No. If you install a new version of vBulletin and them import an older version of the database, you have a version of vBulletin that matches the database, not the files.

The majority of upgrade scripts make structural changes to the database. That is their primary focus. Every script included (excluding the final upgrade steps) makes changes to the database. Many times they have multiple steps in order to break this up for shared hosting providers. If the upgrade script doesn't actually make changes to the database, we delete them when the next version is created. The files are just providing the tools needed to access the data out of the database and translate it for display.

If you're having problems with your upgrade, you can receive support in three different ways...

1. Post the error that you're getting here in the forum and we'll be able to tell you how to resolve it.

2. Purchase Ticket Support and provide access to your server so we can provide hands on help to resolve your issues.

3. Purchase a Professional Installation service. With this, we will upgrade your site to get it running on the newest version.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 22 Jun '20, 12:17pm.

Leave a comment:

• josueinaki
    replied
    May I can install a new brand forum and vinculate the database, this could work?

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    I don't know what 4% means to be honest. The issue is that each upgrade is actually unique and depends on what you have done with the software. If something has changed in the database, some steps may be skipped.
    1. What step did you have the error on?
    2. What was the actual error that was returned?

Leave a comment:

• josueinaki
    replied
    I tried to update yesterday and the upgrade failed in 4%, It was needed use server backup, do you think is a good idea upgrade path after path until get last version instead try to jump directly to the last version?

I have difficult to understand your suggestion, I uploaded files into a zip and extracted in a host folder replacing old files.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    The instructions to upgrade vBulletin 5 are included in the vb5readme.html file that ships with the software.

You can also find them in the online manual and in these forums here: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...lletin-connect.

For an upgrade from your version, I would suggest uploading an entirely new set of files into a new directory and use that for your upgrade. There have literally been thousands of changes in the software since 5.2.4 including removing hundreds of legacy files that have become obsolete over time.

Leave a comment:

• josueinaki
    replied
    Exist some easy tutorial how to upgrade the forum? In count I don't have access to admin panel because can't log in account

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus
    replied
    If you are running 5.2.4 you need to upgrade your software to version 5.6.1 PL1. There is a known exploit in earlier versions.

Wayne Luke has posted extensive details on how to upgrade and restore administrator access.

Leave a comment:

• josueinaki
    started a topic [Bug / Issue] problem to login in v5.2.4

problem to login in v5.2.4

Today I tried login in my admin account and my password says incorrect, after wait 15 minutes I reseted password with email recover and tried again, same error appear saying my pass is wrong. Resuming I tried about 4 times reseting and trying to log in and always says incorrect. I didin't have problem to log in in another accounts I have in the forum. Someone can help me with that? Very weird, this happens only in the account 1 created(admin account).