Change page layout failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Change page layout failure

I tried changing the layout to 25-50-25 and overwriting the template on a test install and it did not work. When I do edit page again and go to layout, it is highlighting the default layout. Tried switching to a few other layouts but still no luck. Did not want to try this on live site without trying it out on a test site.

can someone please confirm if changing the homepage layout works?

thanks!

Works for me properly. This is on the vBulletin 5.6.2 Beta 1 Week 2 build. Make sure you're not blocking any JavaScript. If you use a third-party proxy/caching site like Cloudflare, make sure to clear its cache after the change. Though, I have no idea how to do that on Cloudflare.
    Click image for larger version  Name:	2020-06-08_13-45-11.png Views:	0 Size:	220.0 KB ID:	4442125

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Mine is a clean install of v5.6 and tried multiple times - it doesn’t change the layout of homepage.

it worked yesterday just for once. It showed the changed layout preview even before saving the page and changes were retained after saving.

it doesn’t work again today (tried refresh page too). Clicking on a different layout doesn’t change the preview before saving and layout does not get save after saving.

no JavaScript blocking or 3rd party proxy/caching
      Last edited by webcms; Tue 9 Jun '20, 11:49am.

Comment

Do you have any custom JavaScript on the pages? What is the output in the Console tab of your browser's developer tools?

A JavaScript error anywhere on the page can cause all JavaScript to fail.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment