Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nullundeins
    replied
    Ok, that's a word! I can do something with that!. So I upload the current complete version again without making any changes except for the "install.php" and start the upgrade again.
    If it doesn't work again, I'll put in a backup of 5.5 or 5.6 which are clean. That's exactly what I wanted to avoid because I have to hand in sure new posts again!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    We name files like htaccess.txt, config.php.bkp, and /core/includes/config.php.new specifically so you don't overwrite your existing configurations on upgrades. So we will never mention renaming files on upgrades.

The instructions in the vb5readme.html (and its german version), are very specific and divide install and upgrade steps because they are different. If you read this, you would find your questions answered.

Leave a comment:

• Nullundeins
    replied
    What you are proposing again I have tried today and there is no change!
    You did not respond comprehensively to my last questions.
    I had asked if I had to edit the folders and files in the folder "upload" exactly as with a new installation or "upload" unedited must upload with the setting "overwrite" and then the upgrade must start. Is this a complicated question? Despite Google translation, it can't be that bad to understand it. Do you know how it's smart when you're just talking past each other? I lost the entire page in the last hacker attack despite complete backups and even the backups of the hoster did not help.
    So brand new installed and reposted by hand over 1500 posts. Until now, it almost always worked with the patches and upgrades!
    I would like to work editorially at my side again and not have to tinker and beg for weeks!!!

Please forget the patch because I can read!

I uploaded the complete current version and the upgrade didn't bring anything.
    The error seems to be when uploading the upload folder and therefore I had specifically asked the question whether I had to edit the folders/files like in a new installation before the upgrad. What is the problem with this question? You should be able to answer that!!!
    From your 11th floor you should have a good overview...
    Before the upgrade, I had only deleted the "install.php" because it is not needed for upgrade.
    I already know that the fault lies with me, but we should be able to find out together!!!

Leave a comment:

• Mark.B
    replied
    We cannot answer everybody quickly all of the time. There are only a handful of us and we have both forums and tickets to answer. Speed of answer will depend on workload at the time

To fix your issue, you need to download the FULL 5.6.1 package from the members area, unzip and upload ALL the files, and run /core/install/upgrade.php.

Here are the full instructions:

****BACK UP THE DATABASE & FILES FIRST****

1. Download the full 5.6.1 package from the members area - the full package, not just the patch. The full package contains well over 3,000 files.

2. Upload the contents of the /upload folder (but not the /upload folder itself) to your server/webspace/whatever, making sure it overwrites what is already there.

3. Browse to yourforumpath.com/core/install/upgrade.php.

4. Enter your customer number and the upgrade will proceed.

5. Delete the /core/install directory after the upgrade has finished.

Leave a comment:

• Nullundeins
    replied
    Dear Mr Wayne Luke,

I am astonished to find that you answer questions from other users, but obviously deny my question!
    My question was not yet complete!
    This is a recently extended license related to upgrade.
    You cheerfully answer other questions without finishing my older question!
    Do you enjoy it?

Your suggestion was not helpful and the error messages are still exactly as before!
    They are putting the brakes on my productive side because new contributions are too risky in these circumstances. I hope you will know that I am writing in a very polite way and that I will get to the point! Are certain questions too primitive for you?
    Then you should only sell the software to professionals!

I am 75 years old and have already operated all the forum software. But I didn't know such problems yet! I am a licensed amateur radio operator and mine to be very well up to date.

What do you think of this?

Leave a comment:

• Nullundeins
    replied
    Thank you for your reply.

One more question about the upgrade:

Do I have to rename/edit the corresponding files when uploading or uploading "upload" completely unedited and activate it as directed in the FTP "Overwrite" just like a new installation?

I am then aware of the upgrade itself.

Thank you for your efforts!

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    What you're seeing is to be expected if you applied the patch files from 5.6.1 to 5.6.0. Patch files will not contain the expected contents because they were changed after the md5_sums_vbulletin.php file created when you download the software. Also when you upload a patch, it contains a file that artificially increases the version so Administrators can tell it was patched. The rest of the site should continue showing the correct version based on the actual files, vBulletin's templates, and the status of the database.

To correct the issue, you should download vBulletin 5.6.1 PL1, upload all files and run /core/install/upgrade.php to make sure everything syncs. Patches are really just that, patches. They allow you to secure your site in a quick and dirty manner so you can perform a proper upgrade as soon as possible. A patch takes a minute or two to apply compared to 30 minutes (on average) for an upgrade to be done.

Leave a comment:

• Nullundeins
    replied
    Thank you for your answer. I had already done that, but obviously wrong!
    In the admin area is; Your version (this is the current and newer version does not exist yet.

Here is an excerpt from the maintenance area/diagnosis:

./core
    api.php has found an incorrect version number: 5.6.1 patch level 1, expects 5.6.0
    attachment.php has found an incorrect version number: 5.6.1 patch level 1, expects 5.6.0
    css.php has found an incorrect version number: 5.6.1 patch level 1, expects 5.6.0
    global.php has found an incorrect version number: 5.6.1 patch level 1, expects 5.6.0
    image.php has found an incorrect version number: 5.6.1 patch level 1, expects 5.6.0
    login.php has found an incorrect version number: 5.6.1 patch level 1, expects 5.6.0
    payment_gateway.php has found an incorrect version number: 5.6.1 patch level 1, expects 5.6.0
    sprite.php has found an incorrect version number: 5.6.1 patch level 1, expects 5.6.0
    xmlsitemap.php has an incorrect version number: found 5.6.1 patch level 1, expects 5.6.0
    62 Files have been verified./core/admincp
    admininfraction.php has found an incorrect version number: 5.6.1 patch level 1, expects 5.6.0
    adminlog.php has found an incorrect version number: 5.6.1 patch level 1, expects 5.6.0

I make every effort to describe the problem as clearly as possible so that you can get a concrete picture!

Hopefully the translation will be useful.

Leave a comment:

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Patch versions will always show incorrectly here. However, you're using an incorrect patch version. If you're using vBulletin 5.6.0, then you should upload the 5.6.0 PL 1 files. Not 5.6.1 PL1 files. Patches are specific to the version and are not upgrades.

To clear the message, upgrade to vBulletin 5.6.1 PL1 by downloading the complete package and run a full upgrade. It is in your best interests to always run the latest version of vBulletin.

Leave a comment:

• Nullundeins
    started a topic Version

Version

Good day!

In the admin area under Maintenance/File Comparison (Diagnosis) I get the following message:

Found an incorrect version number 5.6.1 patch level 1, expects 5.6.0

Errors mostly under ./core and ./includes and ./js

In the admin area Home, however, the correct version, i.e. the current version, is displayed and the operation works.

What should I do to fix this without losing all posts?

First of all, thank you for your advice!