vb5.6.0 Facebook Login

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vb5.6.0 Facebook Login

Ive read through the instructions on how to set up the app on Facebook and the app is live with a Green Check mark next to the Products - Facebook Login But i keep getting this error.

"The Facebook authorization token is not valid"

Site is www.wrcca.net

Ive tried on 2 computers to see if it was just from having cookies of an admin login but same errors.

Anything I did wrong or can do to resolve? Any more info I can give or get to help?

Thank You for the help.

Did you turned off development mode from facebook developers settings ?,i just recently setup my 5.6.1 and got same then i notice i forget to off development mode and voilaaaa....,hope to work for you too..

I also suggest you to upgrade your forum if possible to get access to latest facebook api.
    Last edited by Rahul Bhutani; Fri 29 May '20, 5:34am.
    Founder Of Gsmdevelopers Forum

Comment

It has nothing to do with your actual vBulletin account or whether you're an Admin or not. Facebook is saying it doesn't recognize your authorization information.

You need to make sure the Facebook Application ID and Secret in the AdminCP match those for your App on Facebook's site. Settings -> Options -> Facebook Options

Last edited by Wayne Luke; Fri 29 May '20, 8:09am.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
        It has nothing to do with your actual vBulletin account or whether you're an Admin or not. Facebook is saying it doesn't recognize your authorization information.

You need to make sure the Facebook Application ID and Secret in the AdminCP match those for your App on Facebook's site. Settings -> Options -> Facebook Options
        Thank you for the assistance. I doubled checked the App ID and even reset the Secret in the FB App.

Cleared my cookies after logging out of my site and tried again. I got this pop up after that.

An unexpected error was returned: 'The request is invalid because the app is configured as a desktop app'
        Any relation? Or did I fix one thing and break another?

Thanks again.

Comment

Im sorry .... I dont know what I did differently but I created another App on FB and everything works now.

Thank you for the time to help, your direction was useful and its working now.

Comment