Disable users/members from creating new groups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disable users/members from creating new groups

How do I go about disabling users/group-members from creating new groups?

I looked up and found these -

Edit Channel Permissions For Usergroup: "Registered Users" in Channel "Groups"

Can create channel => Yes (will setting this to No does the trick?)

What is the purpose of this setting if set to Yes? Is it the ability to create video threads? If so, how are video threads different from regular ones?

Can create video => No

The above are for Registered Users. How do I disable group members too from creating new groups? Is it the Channel Member usergroup permissions?

Thanks!
    Last edited by webcms; Thu 28 May '20, 4:40pm.

In the Channel Permissions Manager under Create Permissions > Can Create Channels > Set it to "No"

The ability to create a video is not the same as the ability to create a channel.

A video is a specific type of content. It embeds a video using the [video] tags.

A channel is a specific forum for content.

Comment

This is a video post.... it is created by clicking on the Link icon above the editor. Users can also link to other sites without video and get a similar effect. The permission does not prevent the use of the video BBCode within the editor's toolbar.

Last edited by Wayne Luke; Fri 29 May '20, 8:00am.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I understand embedding videos is done in the editor using the [video] tag or clicking the video toolbar icon.

If this permission does not prevent users from using the tag, what is its purpose?

Edit Channel Permissions For Usergroup: "Registered Users" in Channel "Groups"

Can create video => No

i was thinking it would enable users create video type content similar to video posts on reddit using a separate column for video URL in the post which is used for rendering the video and thumbnails.

Comment

It is for content types. It prevents users from creating content of the video content type. This content type is created by clicking on the "Link" Content at the top of the editor (though it won't show if turned off). Then the user must enter the URL of the video or link before they can submit the post. Two very different and distinct features.

vBulletin is not Reddit and does not operate in the same manner.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
          Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment