I Have To Use My Phone To Ask This Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Have To Use My Phone To Ask This Question

For one reason or another I can’t seem to type any text in the posting field here. But that’s fine. I’m just here trying to find a solution to an issue I’m having at my forum.

Typically anytime we right click on an image and paste it it simply shows up. But now for fire fox users it’s only posting code. I just had the form updated so it’s running the recent and latest edition of vb.

I tried to re-create it myself so I downloaded Firefox. It’s the latest addition of fire fox and from my MacBook it’s only posting code. But with Chrome it does paste the image.

That’s my main concern. Not being able to post here at the Vb forum from my Mac is odd. Any ideas?

vBulletin doesn't support Copy and Paste image uploads. It never has. If you had this work before, it must have been though a third-party addon.

For not being to post here, you should clear your browser caches on your Mac. This should make sure you have up to date JavaScript code loaded.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Ahhh ok so it’s a custom code from Glenn that broke after the update. Par for the course these days. Thanks Wayne

Comment

Comment

I just copied and pasted that. lol

Comment

Its not being used as an attachment. It is referencing the linked URL.

Copy and Paste uploads are not supported.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
              Its not being used as an attachment. It is referencing the linked URL.

Copy and Paste uploads are not supported.
              I think im just clueless from a technical point of view. And many of my members are old timers. Like 60-80 and dont exactly know much about technology. I do the best i can with it. But my tech is MIA. All i know is that my firefox users cant right click on an image....copy image.....and paste it in the reply field. It used to just pop up as a picture. It does that for me with chrome. But not firefox now. And we just updated. This is a firefox thing i think. I dont know

Comment

it would be a browser issue. Copy and Paste Uploads is not a feature that we explicitly support in the software. There is currently an open issue to add this support here: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-20017

The software does support drag and drop uploads. They can simply drag an image over the editor from their device and drop it to have it uploaded and inserted.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
                  it would be a browser issue. Copy and Paste Uploads is not a feature that we explicitly support in the software. There is currently an open issue to add this support here: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-20017

The software does support drag and drop uploads. They can simply drag an image over the editor from their device and drop it to have it uploaded and inserted.
                  Right. That uploader is so different than the Glenn plug in. You could just drag it in and it would stay there. lol So nice. I wondered if his plug in no longer working after the update was the reason for the firefox issue. Who knows. Wayne do you have any xenforo experience? I was told most VB guys are also Xenforo.

Comment

I do not have any Xenforo experience.

Wayne Luke

Comment