• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    Wayne Luke
    vBulletin Technical Support Lead

• Wayne Luke
    replied
    Every time the user has to consent to the privacy request. So if your users regularly delete cookies then it can be higher than other sites. You can reduce the number of people who have to check by selecting specific regions such as EU and California under Settings -> Options -> Privacy Settings. Or you can switch to "None" as your Location Provider and require consent from everyone without cost.

The location provider system can be extended if you have access to PHP Programming. IPStack is just the one we include by default. If you know of a provider with more lenient API Call limits, you can extend the /core/vb/utility/geoip.php class and add your own. Look at the ipstack.php file in /core/vb/utility/geoip/ for an example on how to create your own. In order to see these files, you must have downloaded the software without using the PHAR compression library.

Leave a comment:

• In Omnibus

• In Omnibus
    replied
    It depends on your settings. Guests checks every user not logged in. Registered users checks every user logged in. All users checks every user. Select locations has to check every user to see if they match the selected locations. Blocked visitors has to check to see if a user is in one of the locations blocked.

I don't know the size or activity of your site but I fully expect mine to exceed 50,000 checks a day once the NFL resumes games on Sundays.

Leave a comment:

• eDaddi

• eDaddi
    started a topic Geo IP / IPStack

Geo IP / IPStack

Within a week of launching the site I've already reached the limit of the free package which is 10k checks.

How often is the user's IP checked? Just registration? Logins? every post or visit?

Just trying to gauge how much i should be expecting to use