Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Empty page + template after upgrade to 5.6.1?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] Empty page + template after upgrade to 5.6.1?

Code:
    PHP Version 7.4.1
    Server version: 10.4.12-MariaDB - MariaDB Server
    vBulletin 5.6.1
    Code:
    Debug: Error
    syntax error, unexpected '"', expecting '-' or identifier (T_STRING) or variable (T_VARIABLE) or number (T_NUM_STRING)
    occurred in file /www/htdocs/airwork/forum/includes/vb5/template/runtime.php(2007) : eval()'d code on line 1
    Trace[LIST][*]Function evalPhp in file /www/htdocs/airwork/forum/includes/vb5/template.php(392) : eval()'d code line 26[*]Function eval in file /www/htdocs/airwork/forum/includes/vb5/template.php line 392[*]Function render in file /www/htdocs/airwork/forum/includes/vb5/template/cache.php line 134[*]Function replacePlaceholders in file /www/htdocs/airwork/forum/includes/vb5/template.php line 414[*]Function render in file /www/htdocs/airwork/forum/includes/vb5/template/cache.php line 134[*]Function replacePlaceholders in file /www/htdocs/airwork/forum/includes/vb5/template.php line 414[*]Function render in file /www/htdocs/airwork/forum/includes/vb5/template/cache.php line 134[*]Function replacePlaceholders in file /www/htdocs/airwork/forum/includes/vb5/template.php line 414[*]Function render in file /www/htdocs/airwork/forum/includes/vb5/template/cache.php line 134[*]Function replacePlaceholders in file /www/htdocs/airwork/forum/includes/vb5/template.php line 414[*]Function render in file /www/htdocs/airwork/forum/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/page.php line 274[*]Function index in file /www/htdocs/airwork/forum/index.php line 74[/LIST]

Ever since I've upgraded to 5.6.1 because I got messages saying my admin password was being changed, I've got the following error after clicking on the 'forum' link. I don't know whether this is due to the exploit used on my forum or my pages/templates which don't work with 5.6.1.

I've tried reinstalling vBulleting, disabling hooks and creating new styles to see if this does anything. I'm running the default template to test this.

Here is the debug information for /forum:
    Debug Information
    • Page ID:
    • Parent ID:
    • Page Template ID:
    • Route ID:
    • Page Type:
    • Screen Layout ID:
    • Screen Layout Template:
    • Channel ID:
    • Node ID:
    • Database Asserts: 0 (?)
    • AJAX Requests: 1
    • Facebook Active: No (Not enabled or no appid & secret set)
    • Style ID: 52
    • Templates/Renders: 27/55
    • CSS Templates: 5
    • JS Files: 5
    • Included Files: 160
    • Autoloaded Classes: 156
    • Current Time: Tue, 26 May 2020 01:23:50 +0200
    • Page Time:
    I should note that forums still work when I visit those directly. It's just the homepage and forums pages which give these errors.

Thoughts?

The error is visible here:
    https://airwork.nl/forum/

While this works:
    https://airwork.nl/forum/forum/de-as...word-ik-piloot

Comment

It appears you have a broken template. Login to your AdminCP.

Where are you storing the templates? This will be stated under Settings -> Options -> Style & Template Options. If you're storing templates in the file system, then switch to the database. Does the site work then?

If the error still occurs, then switch to the default style. Does it continue? If not, contact the creator of the style that you're using for assistance.

Do you have any third-party addons install like Tapatalk, a shoutbox, etc? Disable these one by one to see if the error goes away. You can disable products under Hooks & Products -> Product Manager. Set them to disabled, not uninstall. If it goes away, then contact the author of the addon to see if they have an update for newer versions of PHP.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I don't use any addons and I use the default vB5 theme. I have tried switching between storing the templates in the file system and database. Still nothing. Is there any script or tool to reset the templates in the database?

Comment

After reading this topic:
          https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...-page-template

I tried resetting all pages with the tools.php and I'm happy to report this worked.

Comment