Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to insert a popup alert after login

Hello,

I have been to asked to insert a popup alert (like the one that appears when you enter a forum for the first time) right after the login process.
    Is it something possible to make? How can I do it? Can you help me?

Thank you for your attention.

Regards,
    Francesco

You can use Javascript to display a popup on page load. If you place this Javascript Code in an module that only shows to specific usergroups, only they would see it. However, there is no way to make a popup display immediately after login. This would require custom coding that isn't available on vBulletin Cloud.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thank you Wayne for your feedback.
      Alternatively, is it possible to redirect users to a custom page on login?
      The idea is to show the netiquette rules as soon as the user log into the forum.

Comment

There is no way to direct users to a specific page when they login at this time. It should direct them to the page they were on.

The biggest problem here is that the software doesn't actually know when they logged in. Users are basically logged in on every page load after they process the form. This is due to the inherent stateless nature of the World Wide Web. The software fakes a consistent login experience to make things easier for the user. It does this by storing cookies on the user's device with their userid and password. These cookies are sent to the server on every single request to determine if it is a logged in user or not.

When user's register on your site, they must agree to the terms of service. You can edit these to fit your needs in the AdminCP. You will find these in the "site_terms_and_rules" phrase. Using basic HTML, you can create your own terms by placing them in the translation box underneath the default text. Phrases are found in the AdminCP under Languages & Phrases -> Phrase Manager. However, it is often quicker to use the Search In Phrases tool. To find this phrase just search for the word terms. Click edit in the search results. Put your changes in the translation box.
        Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 19 May '20, 8:17am.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Suggestion: use lastactivity, lastvisit and a cookie should make it possible with JavaScript.

Comment

Originally posted by delicjous View Post
            Suggestion: use lastactivity, lastvisit and a cookie should make it possible with JavaScript.
            Thank you for your suggestion: can I ask you what you mean by "use lastactivity, lastvisit and a cookie"? Where can I find them and how do I use them?
            I am sorry for these questions but I have been using vBulletin Cloud for a month or so and I am learning things one at the time.

thank you again very much for the support.

Comment

• delicjous
              delicjous commented
              Editing a comment
              You need javasript knowlege to create something like that. You could get lastvisit by pageData.lastvisit in js. If you are new with vB you should go with standard and do it like Wayne told you.
          widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X