proble in vbulletin search box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• proble in vbulletin search box

vbulletin search box will search any string in more than 4 characters length. but i want to search some string with length of 3 characters but it dont find any thing. please guide me to solved the problem.

Settings -> Options -> Message Searching Options. Search Index Minimum Word Length. Lowering this value can reduce performance and increase database size.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thank you for replay. My problem was solved. 🌹🌹🌹 I have another question for you.

Some time ago, I created a topic called {Introducing Important Linux Tools}. Now when I search for the phrase "tool" in the search menu of the forum, it doesn't find that topic, but if I enter the phrase "tools" in the search menu, it will find my topic.

Why can't vBulletin find my topic in the first search but find my topic in the second search, while both words "tool" and "tools" are listed in that topic?

Comment

tool and tools are two different words and will be indexed as such in vBulletin. The software does not support stemming.

There is a feature request to add stemming here. However, this can be complicated if it is going to support any language in addition to English. Basically, the software would need to store stem dictionaries for every supported language or use a third-party service. Plus people will probably see significant growth in the size of their database. People have a fixation on database size even though it doesn't generally relate to overall performance.

A better solution would be to get people to upgrade to MySQL 5.7 or higher so we can reimplement fulltext search directly on the database. This is what vBulletin 4.X used but MyISAM isn't a scalable or recommended table engine and INNODB lacks fulltext indexing until 5.6 and it has a few problems until 5.7.

https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-17331

In the meantime, I suggest using tags to help categorize and find your content.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment