No announcement yet.

That action could not be completed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] That action could not be completed.

I don't know what happened, but I started getting this message: "That action could not be completed. Please try again, and if this occurs again please contact the system administrator and tell them how you got this message."

It occurs when I am just trying to view the forums. One of the moderators is having the same problem.

I upgraded the forums from 5.6.1. to 5.6.1, PL 1, hoping it would resolve it. It didn't.

I ran the debug and got a lot of information, but I can't make heads or tails of it.

We are not getting any complaints from any of the users about this, just a moderator and myself.

A note: We got some emails from a few people saying that LifeLock had detected that some of their email/passwords on the forums (forums.carm.org) had been compromised in December of 2019. But, the notifications appeared in the 3rd week of May, 2020. Weird.

Not sure what to do.

Should I completely reinstall the entire forum software?
    Is this something that anyone knows about?

I would appreciate some feedback.

Thanks.

Matt

Reinstalling the software generally won't fix any problems unless you delete the database and start over. It isn't generally suggested as a solution for anything.

And which forums? I mean what specifically are you trying to do? What links do you click on to replicate the error?

If you put the site into debug mode, what do the error say afterward?

Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment