Automatic message upon promotion?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Automatic message upon promotion?

I have set up a few automatic promotions to usergroups, giving the experienced user more privileges. Is there any way to automatically generate a message (or e-mail) to the user when he is promoted, giving some information about his new rights? Similar to the message you can give them after initial registration.

The easiest way to do this would be to create an announcement visible only to the User Group(s) who you want to view it.

You could manually PM or email users who have been promoted but I assumed you were asking for an automated solution.

Comment

Thank you. Yes, I was thinking automatic. While I'm aware of notices (I understand announcements are getting deprecated) I'm not sure they stand out enough, hence a Message of some sort. But I agree, it's a possibility.

Comment

Notices can be styled to make them more prominent, using a combination of stylevars and custom css.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.1 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Yes, I guess I'll try. I already use something like this for some notices:

"<span style="color:Orange;font-variant: small-caps">Information concerning Corona: <URL>https://forsvaret.no/ansatt/korona</URL></span>"

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X