X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• forum password strange?

hi all
    got a problem with my forum password
    found out my forum password every morning is been reset log in with new pass and when I log in can see myself 60 time login as gest
    how can I solve this problem
    thanks
    voyger.: In Almighty God I trust, everyone else has to provide evidence."

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Id start with an upgrade to the latest version.

Change your host panel passwd.

Change your db username & passwd for the config.php

Remove any files from ftp that arent a part of vb & remove any old vb files that never got deleted on upgrades etc.

Upgrade or remove any addons that youre not using.
    Gentoo Geek

Comment

Your site is out of date and needs to be updated to 5.6.1 PL1 as soon as possible.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I know my site is out of date I haven't update worry will go bong need to open a ticket let the vb team to update

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

Last week (I guess it is 10 days now) we released a security patch urging people to upgrade as soon as possible. As soon as we release a patch, people will learn how to exploit it because vBulletin's code is visible and not everyone who owns or has access to a license is altruistic. There are just too many licenses out there today.

Wayne Luke

Comment

hi wayne
            can you tell us what you need to upgrade to last version
            thanks

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

Based on your version, you would need a full upgrade. Download the 5.6.1 PL1 files, upload them to your server and overwrite your existing files, run upgrade.php.

To have us do the upgrade for you, you would have to purchase the Professional Upgrade service from the main site. You will be provided with an installation worksheet that needs to be filled out. Once filled out, the people who do the upgrades will contact you and do the upgrade.

Wayne Luke

Comment

my site is 5.5.5 are this 5.6.1 PL1 f will be ok for my site ?

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

No... Uploading the 5.6.1 Patch Files will not work. It will break your site. Patches are made for the very specific versions they are released for and will not work on any other version of the software. We have a very generous security patch policy of patching the current version plus two versions before it.

You will have to perform a full upgrade to 5.6.1 PL1. There are database changes in the software between 5.5.5 and 5.6.1.

Wayne Luke

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                  Working...
                  X