No announcement yet.

Topic Prefix - Cache time and where?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Topic Prefix - Cache time and where?!?!

When a moderator changes a topic prefix it doesn't "stick" and continues to display the previous prefix.
    So far 18 hours and counting. I assume it will eventually clear the cache but don't know when.

I can "clear system cache" in admincp to make it work but that seems like a sledgehammer and a manual process.

Can someone please tell me where or how to do this more often or even hourly?

(bump with more info)
    This happens on editing a post too. The edit is done in the post but not seen until the cache clears at some point later which looks like it's 24 hours odd.

I understand cache helps performance but if moderator edits are not seen for a day it's frustrating.

Can someone please tell me where or how to do this more often or even hourly?

Comment

A default install of vBulletin caches module content for 1 minute. You can see this value under Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options -> Search Results Cache Lifetime. These results are cleared using the Schedule Task System which works on page load. The only way it would last 24 hours is if you have either turned off the Schedule Tasks system or you don't have enough traffic to load a page on your site at least once per minute.

<<<< This is an edit. And it should be visible immediately. 17:10 >>>>

If your moderator is using a different language to change prefixes, then this issue may be the cause: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-20178

There isn't a lot of information to recreate on in the opening post.
      Last edited by Wayne Luke; Wed 20 May '20, 5:24pm.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Search Result Cache Lifetime = 1
        I really didn't expect that topic prefixes or post content edits would be affected by what I assumed was only "search cache"

Moderator is using the same language.

Scheduled Task Manager - is using default settings.
        The first 4 tasks are showing "Next Time = 1 minute ago"
        The rest are forward dates of sometime today or tomorrow morning.

I'll set Search Result Cache Lifetime=0 and test to see if the edits happen instantly.

Thanks Wayne.

Comment

Are you using CloudFlare or Varnish? They aren't really suitable for up to the minute updates.
          Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
          The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

No cloud hosting, this is just a standalone webserver.

Comment

Search Result Cache Lifetime=0

Works. Edits made to posts happen in real time. Prefix changes "stick" without hitting the installation with an admincp "clear system cache"

Comment