Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Repair Optimize Tables

Where is this in vb5?

I got a "pagetext missing or invalid" message.

Originally posted by MDawg View Post
    Where is this in vb5?

I got a "pagetext missing or invalid" message.
    It has been removed in vBulletin 5. Neither of these operations should be run except in very specific circumstances. They are not routine maintenance operations and should only be carried out via dedicated database management tools. Doing so when not specifically required can permanently damage your database.

What is the specific issue you are experiencing that causes you to want to run them?
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.1 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

There is no specific issue, just on a re- install of an old 5.5.4 forum I created using its old database, re-created to do some testing, I got that message after I ran whatever the ACP suggested I do after the install, as I recall it had something to do with rebuilding the search index.

Comment

There is no "Repair / Optimize" option in vBulletin 5. There are dozens of database management utilities available for this purpose. Plus having it in the AdminCP cause people to think they should run it regularly and that isn't the case. Running Repair / Optimize just because can actually damage your database. Due to this and the fact that we're not building a Database Manage utility, we have removed the functionality.

Repair / Optimize has nothing to do with rebuilding the search index engine.

Neither Repair or Optimize provides much if any benefit to INNODB databases. If you're not using INNODB tables, you should convert your database with the provided external DBTools scripts as soon as possible.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
        Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

As far as I know all my tables are INNODB.

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
          Working...
          X