504 Gateway Time-out - getting this error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] 504 Gateway Time-out - getting this error

I have upgraded my forum from vB4 to vB5.5.6, No i am getting this "504 gateway time-out". Sometimes forum works but every 2nd click getting this error.

I am running my forum on IIS server, Mysql 5.7 & PHP 7.1.13 It is happening after the upgrade.

Please help, how I could solve this issue.
    Last edited by AV_whiz; Sat 16th May '20, 2:05am.

Originally posted by AV_whiz View Post
    I have upgraded my forum from vB4 to vB5.6.1, No i am getting this "504 gateway time-out". Sometimes forum works but every 2nd click getting this error.

I am running my forum on IIS server, Mysql 5.7 & PHP 7.1. It is happening after the upgrade.

Please help, how I could solve this issue.
    A gateway timeout is a server problem. You should speak to your hosts about why this is happening.
    MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.1 Demo
    AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thanks Mark,

I asked to my server handling person, They are saying its forum issue.
      Don't know what to do.

Comment

Originally posted by AV_whiz View Post
        Thanks Mark,

I asked to my server handling person, They are saying its forum issue.
        Don't know what to do.
        Find another host that doesn't make untrue statements to avoid dealing with issues!

A gateway timeout is a server error. I'm unsure what to suggest if a host refuses to accept something that is a standard, widely known fact.

From Wikipedia (among literally millions of other sources):

504 Gateway Timeout: The server was acting as a gateway or proxy and did not receive a timely response from the upstream server.
        MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.1 Demo
        AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

Thanks Mark,

The server handling person is looking into this matter...

Comment

It should be noted that the minimum required version of PHP is 7.2.0 for the vBulletin 5.6 series. This value will actually increase every single year as older versions of PHP are marked End of Life and lose support. So in 2021, it will be PHP 7.3.
            Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
            The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
            vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
            Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I am running vBulletin 5.5.6 with PHP version 7.1.3
              Am I on the right path?

Comment

Your first post states very clearly that you upgraded to 5.6.1. We can only provide feedback based on the information provided.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Sorry, It was my mistake. The correct version is vBulletin 5.5.6.

Comment

HI,

I am continuously getting this 504 gateway time out & 500 http error.

Find this in the server log file
                    "#Fields: date time s-ip cs-method cs-uri-stem cs-uri-query s-port c-ip cs(User-Agent) cs(Referer) sc-status sc-substatus sc-win32-status time-taken
                    2020-05-16 04:43:25 104.156.62.141 GET / - 80 172.104.108.109 Mozilla/5.0 - 200 0 0 265
                    2020-05-16 04:50:26 104.156.62.140 GET / - 80 159.65.206.10 masscan/1.0+(https://github.com/robertdavidgraham/masscan) - 200 0 1236 11186
                    #Software: Microsoft Internet Information Services 8.5"

And in mysql5.7 log file:
                    "
                    2020-05-16T09:38:25.135702Z 4206566 [Note] Aborted connection 4206566 to db: '******' user: '********' host: '**' (Got an error reading communication packets)
                    2020-05-16T09:38:25.135702Z 4206573 [Note] Aborted connection 4206573 to db: '*****' user: '********' host: '**' (Got an error reading communication packets)

"

Can you please suggest me any solution for this
                    Last edited by AV_whiz; Sat 16th May '20, 2:03am.

Comment

Got these error in the php log file
                      "
                      [16-May-2020 15:48:08 Asia/Calcutta] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function hasAdminPermission() on null in E:\*********\forum\core\vb\api\wrapper.php:254

Stack trace:

#0 E:\*********\forum\includes\api\interface\collapsed.php(101): vB_Api_Wrapper->__call('fetchCurrentUse...', Array)

#1 E:\*********\forum\includes\vb5\user.php(51): Api_Interface_Collapsed->callApi('user', 'fetchCurrentUse...', Array)

#2 E:\*********\forum\includes\vb5\user.php(40): vB5_User->__construct()

#3 E:\*********\forum\includes\vb5\user.php(75): vB5_User::instance()

#4 E:\*********\forum\includes\vb5\string.php(405): vB5_User::get('lang_charset')

#5 E:\*********\forum\includes\vb5\applicationabstract.php(552): vB5_String::getCharset()

#6 E:\*********\forum\includes\vb5\applicationabstract.php(470): vB5_ApplicationAbstract::setCharset()

#7 E:\*********\forum\includes\vb5\applicationabstract.php(626): vB5_ApplicationAbstract::minErrorPage(false, Object(vB_Exception_Database), Array)

#8 E:\*********\fo in E:\*********\forum\core\vb\api\wrapper.php on line 254

If someone helps me....

Comment

Is IIS and MySQL on the same machine? It seems there is a network communication issue between PHP (which has to run on the same machine as IIS) and MySQL (which can be on a different machine) of them. This is preventing MySQL from returning data and causing errors in the application with null values.

However, I have no idea what the IIS server log is saying or how to use the Mass Scan it is reporting an issue on. It isn't reporting anything related to vBulletin or PHP. The MySQL log is more concerning since it is receiving corrupted and/or altered packets. So MySQL is just closing the connection. If those are vBulletin packets than that can cause the entire vBulletin system to break down. I stress the word "if" because we really have no idea what is being sent in each package from the logs provided.

The PHP error means that a variable isn't getting filled. This could be due to the MySQL issue above, an improper version of PHP on the server, and other issues. What does the PHP error log say? On a Linux machine, these are often configured to be stored in the public_html directory so users can access them easily. I have no idea how it is normally configured on Windows. You would have to look at your PHP Info in the AdminCP or view the active php.ini file from the command line to see where the error log is stored.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Yes, IIS and MySQL on the same machine. Mysql 5.7 & PHP 7.1.13
                          As I mentioned, I have upgraded the forum last week vB5.5.6.(Do we need to upgrade mysql & php version?)

Windows server configuration is like the local system follow directory. So That's, not an issue.
                          Above I posted PHP error log. See here also PHP error log :

[16-May-2020 15:48:08 Asia/Calcutta] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to a member function hasAdminPermission() on null in E:\*********\forum\core\vb\api\wrapper.php:254

Stack trace:

#0 E:\*********\forum\includes\api\interface\collapsed.php(101): vB_Api_Wrapper->__call('fetchCurrentUse...', Array)

#1 E:\*********\forum\includes\vb5\user.php(51): Api_Interface_Collapsed->callApi('user', 'fetchCurrentUse...', Array)

#2 E:\*********\forum\includes\vb5\user.php(40): vB5_User->__construct()

#3 E:\*********\forum\includes\vb5\user.php(75): vB5_User::instance()

#4 E:\*********\forum\includes\vb5\string.php(405): vB5_User::get('lang_charset')

#5 E:\*********\forum\includes\vb5\applicationabstract.php(552): vB5_String::getCharset()

#6 E:\*********\forum\includes\vb5\applicationabstract.php(470): vB5_ApplicationAbstract::setCharset()

#7 E:\*********\forum\includes\vb5\applicationabstract.php(626): vB5_ApplicationAbstract::minErrorPage(false, Object(vB_Exception_Database), Array)

#8 E:\*********\fo in E:\*********\forum\core\vb\api\wrapper.php on line 254

"

Now I am not able to access forum, so can't show you php info from admincp
                          Last edited by AV_whiz; Sat 16th May '20, 10:50am.

Comment

Hmm. When I visit your forum it is up and running. Is this issue only happening in the AdminCP? If you delete the cookies stored on your computer what happens?

PHP 7.1.13 is okay for vBulletin 5.5.6. It is out of date and marked end of life though. If you upload the contents of the attached zip file to your vBulletin directory and run it in a browser, does it say the same PHP version?

Attached Files

Wayne Luke

Comment

yes, showing the same PHP version.

It is happening all over the forum. Even first I was tried to delete cookies, showing the same error.
                              Sometimes the forum is running perfectly but most of the time 500 http error & 504 gateway time-out (right now 504 gateway time-out).

Comment

widgetinstance 262 (Related Topics) skipped due to lack of content & hide_module_if_empty option.
                              Working...
                              X