X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• error log out from my testforum ?

hi all
    got a problem with my test forum
    if I closed the forum and log out get this error look picture, how can I solve this problem

thanks

Attached Files
    voyger.: In Almighty God I trust, everyone else has to provide evidence."

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

I have no idea. That error is as generic as it is so it doesn't disclose dangerous server information to potential attackers.

Put the site in debug mode, what does it say then?
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

thanks wayne
      will do that comeback to you

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

wayne
        can you tell us what should i look for on debug

Attached Files

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

An error message.... A PHP fatal error, database connection error, etc... It will probably appear as a bunch of poorly formatted code. It should not show any of vBulletin if you're getting a "Serious Error" message.

Your screenshot isn't showing any errors. In fact the DEBUG information at the bottom is worthless to debug "A Serious Error".

Wayne Luke

Comment

if you don't know I don't know well still look like can't solve this problem can't close the test forum ?

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

If you only get the error when the forum is closed and you're logged out, that is what you have to do.

Put the site into debug mode.
              Close the site.
              Logout.

What is displayed on the screen.?

Wayne Luke

Comment

this is what I see on screen debug l delete the shoutbox don't need on test forum
                still there is two error on "runtime.php" "andapplicationabstract.php" don't know what to do
                will appreciated if you can direct me on a solution
                thanks

Error :

API Error
                Controller:
                vbshout_core

Method:
                getCopyright

Error(s):

array ( 0 => array ( 0 => '<div class="forum-off restore">Sorry, the board is unavailable at the moment while we are upgrade the forum. We will be back soon...</div>', ), )
                on line 1032 in /home/clients/b7c573d9c8350ac3b2c34f422b6dd31e/testforum/includes/vb5/template/runtime.php
                Step 0: showErrorPage() called on line 380 in /home/clients/b7c573d9c8350ac3b2c34f422b6dd31e/testforum/includes/vb5/applicationabstract.php
                Step 1: handleException() called
                Exception

API Error
                Controller:
                vbshout_core

Method:
                getCopyright

Error(s):

array ( 0 => array ( 0 => '<div class="forum-off restore">Sorry, the board is unavailable at the moment while we are upgrade the forum. We will be back soon...</div>', ), )
                on line 1032 in /home/clients/b7c573d9c8350ac3b2c34f422b6dd31e/testforum/includes/vb5/template/runtime.php

Last edited by voyger; Fri 8 May '20, 2:35am.

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

Disable the vbshout addon.
                  MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                  AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

are you mean the shoutbox already delete
                    cannot found vbshout addon.on Cpanel
                    Last edited by voyger; Fri 8 May '20, 6:02am.

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

Did you delete the files from the server? Should be in the /core/packages directory. Or otherwise it will be wherever the installation instruction say to put the files. If you leave the files on your server, it will reinstall itself when you try to load the page.

The API is not available when the site is turned off. This is the probable cause of the error since your addon is calling it. You can also try turning the site on with tools.php.

Wayne Luke

Comment

hi wayne
                        yes I did delete the xml files from the Cpanel and all the shoutbox files from the server
                        I already try it to use the tools php to turner the forum on. really I shouldn't use the tools php every time I have to turned the forum on ?
                        I have to fix this problem I was hoping you could give me some kind of tip

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment

Originally posted by voyger View Post
                          hi wayne
                          yes I did delete the xml files from the Cpanel and all the shoutbox files from the server
                          I already try it to use the tools php to turner the forum on. really I shouldn't use the tools php every time I have to turned the forum on ?
                          I have to fix this problem I was hoping you could give me some kind of tip
                          It's being caused by an add on as can be seen from the error:

API Error
                          Controller:
                          vbshout_core

We don't know what code third party add ons use so it's difficult to provide specific support for them.

If the add on is still trying to call the API then it is clearly still present somewhere.

Make sure you have gone through the installation instructions and removed all instances of the shoutbox files based on where it tells you to put them.
                          Make sure the add on does not show under any of the three sections in AdminCP > Products & Hooks
                          MARK.B | vBULLETIN SUPPORT

TalkNewsUK - My vBulletin 5.6.3 Demo
                          AdminAmmo - My Cloud Demo

Comment

ok thanks mark will check more thoroughly let you know
                            thanks
                            Last edited by voyger; Fri 8 May '20, 11:07am.

vBulletin Version 5.5.5

Comment