SQL Error when creating a new usergroup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SQL Error when creating a new usergroup

Getting the following error when trying to create a new Usergroup. Any suggestions?

We are on version 5.5.5

Code:
    Error Invalid SQL: INSERT INTO forumpermission (`forumid`,`usergroupid`,`forumpermissions`) VALUES('1',82,'0') /**forumpermission**/;

Exception trace:
    ## /var/www/forum/core/vb/database.php(1208) Exception Thrown #0 /var/www/forum/core/vb/database/mysqli.php(249): vB_Database->halt() #1 /var/www/forum/core/vb/database.php(561): vB_Database_MySQLi->execute_query(true, Object(mysqli)) #2 /var/www/forum/core/vb/db/query/insert.php(115): vB_Database->query_write('Invalid SQL:\r\n\n...') #3 /var/www/forum/core/vb/db/query/insert.php(98): vB_dB_Query_Insert->doInserts() #4 /var/www/forum/core/vb/db/assertor.php(301): vB_dB_Query_Insert->execSQL() #5 /var/www/forum/core/vb/api/usergroup.php(584): vB_dB_Assertor->assertQuery('vBForum:forumpe...', Array) #6 /var/www/forum/core/vb/api/wrapper.php(201): vB_Api_UserGroup->save(Array, 2, 0) #7 /var/www/forum/core/admincp/usergroup.php(585): vB_Api_Wrapper->__call('save', Array) #8 /var/www/forum/includes/api/interface/collapsed.php(142): require_once('/var/www/forum/...') #9 /var/www/forum/includes/vb5/frontend/controller/relay.php(33): Api_Interface_Collapsed->relay('admincp/usergro...') #10 /var/www/forum/index.php(74): vB5_Frontend_Controller_Relay->admincp('usergroup.php') #11 {main}

Query is valid so I don't know what you're getting an exception. Please make sure your server meets the minimum requirements for vBulletin 5.6.1 and answer the questions in this topic:

https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...obtain-support
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

1. vBulletin Version: 5.5.5
      2. PHP Version: 7.3
      3. MySQL Version: 5.6.34
      4. Any Addons installed: Tapatalk

I am looking through the database (I inherited this), it seems there are several uesrgroupid's that exist that are not showing up within the usergroup manager. Is it possible that a collision is occurring and causing the issue because the usergroupid already exists??

Comment

It is possible but a collision should return a duplicate entry error instead of Invalid SQL. It might be an issue in your version of MySQL where it is erroneously trying to parse the comment at the end. The MySQL Parser should ignore that though. I can't find anything specifically related to MySQL 5.6.34 though.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I removed the entires for 83 (it seemed to auto increment every time) and deleted the artifacts from the previous failed attempt. Rebuilt the usergroup and it was successful. So it appears it was the collision.

Comment

Yes, the forumpermissionid field would auto-increment. That is why it isn't included in the query. Will have to keep an eye out on the collision issue. I am glad you have it resolved.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment