Login pulldown won't work & How do I update to 5.6.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Login pulldown won't work & How do I update to 5.6.1

When I try and log in to my forums as a regular member, i get an empty pull down. I've tried firefox and chrome. Same thing happens on each.

I CAN log into forums/admincp

I figured updating the forums might be a good idea at this point.

I'm currently on 5.5.5 and want to update to 5.6.1. I downloaded, unzipped, and have ftp access to files.

Its probably me, but I can't find the update instructions anywhere. I read the readme file, but I don't see it.

I assume I turn off my forums, upload files in the upload directory and then .... what?

I'm a newbie at this and need some help.

So, here I am.

Thanks

To fix the dropdown go into your AdminCP. Then go to Settings -> Options -> Cookies and HTTP Header Options. Set "Anti Clickjacking Headers" to Allow All Framing. This will make your site a little less secure but no less so than earlier versions of vBulletin 5. vBulletin 5.6.1 does not use an iframe for the login form so you can turn this back on after upgrading.

To upgrade to 5.6.1, you will find the instructions in the vb5readme.html file that ships with your software. It is similar installation except you don't need to edit any files and you run the upgrade.php script instead of the install.php. You can also see the instructions here: https://forum.vbulletin.com/forum/vb...-installations
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 5 May '20, 10:24am.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment