Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] Delay between making a post to it appearing

Hi guys,
    I'm having a bit of an issue that hopefully someone would be able to help me with, or maybe let me know if my server's actually the issue and maybe I should contact my web hosting.

Anyhow, the problem -
    When making a post, while it immediately takes me to it, when I go back to the homepage it takes it a while to appear in the latest messages, never saw it happening on other forums running VB. Also - there's huge delays for the activation mails, and sometimes it seems as if they don't even get received at all.

Might not be connected to each other, but for some reason I think it does.

Only other thing iv'e got installed on my server is Wordpress which has been up and running for more than a year now, never had any problems with that kind of delay with it, that's why I'm not sure the issue's source is the server.

Thanks in advance!

Any chance anyone knows or has ever experienced something like that? Still kinda stuck on that, especially the mail things a big issue, the post delay is just anoyying.

Tried installing some free forum system to see if any of them are giving me issues with the server but they seem to work fine with no issues.

Can't seem to put my finger on whats going wrong.

Comment

Hello,

I experience the same issue for the post delay on my board. When i clear the system cache in AdminCP (Maintenance > Clear System Cache) the post immediately appears in the latest message on the homepage.

We do not use email activation on our board but i think the error is maybe related with another who cause a 500 error on the server with some admin or mod actions. The clear system cache solve the problem too but it has to be done 2 or 3 times each day.

If i find a solution on my side, i'll share it.

Comment

Originally posted by Nati9 View Post
        Hi guys,
        Anyhow, the problem -
        When making a post, while it immediately takes me to it, when I go back to the homepage it takes it a while to appear in the latest messages, never saw it happening on other forums running VB. Also - there's huge delays for the activation mails, and sometimes it seems as if they don't even get received at all.
        What are the values in Minutes to Cache Content for Guests and Search Result Cache Lifetime? These values can be found in the AdminCP under Settings -> Options -> Server Settings and Optimization Options.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

• Wayne Luke
          Wayne Luke commented
          Editing a comment
          There should be two values. However, a 0 means that caching is turned off. This can have negative effects on your forum performance but shouldn't cause this problem. Without being able to see the issue in action, I am not sure how to make changes.

• Nati9
          Nati9 commented
          Editing a comment
          Search Result Cache Lifetime is 1.
          Minutes to Cache Content for Guests is 0.

Should I Change the 'Minutes to Cache Content for Guests'?

Also Regarding the original issue, anyway I could share relevant information so that this issue could be fixed?
          Please let me know.

Thank you, Wayne!

• Wayne Luke
          Wayne Luke commented
          Editing a comment
          In reality, neither option should need to be changed. However to my way of thinking, guests should have a longer cache that registered users. Guests don't need up to the minute notification on new replies.

A new post should appear within the topic immediately and remain on refreshing the page. Without taking a deep dive into your server through a valid support contract, I can't say why this is not happening on yours. There are several reasons including caching tools outside of vBulletin like Varnish or CloudFlare, improper database configuration, your database version is too low, proxy caching between you and the server, server not sending the headers it is instructed to send properly, and more.