Custom Avatar is not showing after vb5 upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Resolved] Custom Avatar is not showing after vb5 upgrade

Click image for larger version  Name:	478E120B-C27D-4707-B669-BD4FA7500841.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	61.7 KB ID:	4439254Click image for larger version  Name:	9FB50253-3FA7-4D32-A3E4-32A6492E0C2A.jpeg Views:	0 Size:	83.1 KB ID:	4439253As you can see Avatar for 'Avdhesh' uploaded successfully on server, but not showing in profile (even all over forum except admin section).

Folder location: <domain>/core/customavatars (here i acn see uploaded avatars)

Avatar Url (in admin setting): ./customavatars

Please suggest...
    Last edited by AV_whiz; Fri 8 May '20, 6:00am.

Admincp >> Maintenance >> General update tools >> Rebuild Custom Avatar Thumbnails

Comment

Change the location to /customavatars. This value already adds /core/ to the beginning at this time.

See: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19740
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Thank I have tried all these steps....but not worked.

As you can see it’s showing in admin user section, uploaded in /core/customavatars folder and stored in customavatar table.

But it is not showing in forum.
        Wayne, please help me out
        Last edited by AV_whiz; Mon 27 Apr '20, 9:33pm.

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
          Change the location to /customavatars. This value already adds /core/ to the beginning at this time.

See: https://tracker.vbulletin.com/vbulle...sues/VBV-19740
          Did the same here, but not working. So uploading is not an issue. Somewhere in the code it's not switching to the uploaded location. Is there something in the code that tells if a user has uploaded an image? I may have to reverse engineer the js to see what's going on but I may need help on this.

Storing them as file system and the physical location on the server is "<domain>/core/customavatars" ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	Untitled.png Views:	0 Size:	31.7 KB ID:	4439286
          Last edited by AV_whiz; Mon 27 Apr '20, 10:14pm.

Comment

Originally posted by medialps View Post
            Admincp >> Maintenance >> General update tools >> Rebuild Custom Avatar Thumbnails
            That's I did before, it is showing like this -

Click image for larger version

Name:	sss.png
Views:	59
Size:	92.8 KB
ID:	4439291

Comment

Do not edit the settings where it says "Leave this setting alone". You shouldn't be running your site in Debug mode.

You must change the URL for your storage paths under Settings -> User Picture Storage Type.

And yes, storing custom avatars in the file system will flag them as not belonging to vBulletin. They don't and aren't accounted for the file hashes created at download. That would be impossible without some Amaya DEVS related quantum computing that doesn't exist in the real world. You can periodically create custom checksum files for this purpose. There is an improvement request to ignore the default directory as well.
              Last edited by Wayne Luke; Tue 28 Apr '20, 9:20am.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Followed all steps but haven't worked. Now I selected storage type as in database system then it worked.

I still didn't get why it is not working for the file system storage?

Comment

If it isn't working from the file system, your paths and URLs are incorrect. It really is as simple as that.

Using the defaults and storing the files in the provided directory works the best.

Wayne Luke

Comment