security issue, am i being hacked ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• security issue, am i being hacked ?

Hi, my website is not loading well, access to server is interrupted, when i succeed to take a look inside server before it was unreacheable again i found this file : "wellknown", is it normal to found this ?

updtae: host privider reslove the issue, so i have normal access to server and website, but i'm not sure about the file "welknown" ?

pictures:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	pic1.png
Views:	115
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	4438869

Name:	pic2.png
Views:	43
Size:	39.9 KB
ID:	4438870

Name:	pic3.png
Views:	70
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	4438871

Last edited by bendiesel; Tue 21 Apr '20, 4:52am.

That's a folder and files installed when you use a free SSL provider like ZeroSSL

Comment

thank you for responding In Omnibus !

indeed i use let's encrypt, i use it for a while and it's the first time that i see this "wellknown" file,

so i think that i should be calm and let it in this place, i hope so because since last week i had like 5 new spammers a day

Comment

The .well-known directory is from using Let's Encrypt SSL/TLS certificates. If you delete it, the system will just add it again when you renew your certificate. It has nothing to do with being hacked. We actually account for this and prohibit web access to the directory with the newest .htaccess files.
        Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
        The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thank you very much Wayne, satisfying response, just have bad hack memories

Comment