Title only search on the standard form at top right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Resolved] Title only search on the standard form at top right

Where could I modify the standard search form shown at the top right, to make it search always in titles only?
    thanks

That should be part of the header template. The option is available on the drop down menu by clicking on the arrow head.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
    Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

Code:
      <div class="search-term-container">

<input type="text" name="q" id="q" placeholder="{vbphhrase search}" class="search-term b-form-input__input b-form-input__input--shadow" autocomplete="off" />

<div class="search-menu-container h-clearfix">
      <div class="vertical-divider-left"></div>
      <div class="b-comp-menu-dropdown js-comp-menu-dropdown b-comp-menu-dropdown--open-on-hover b-comp-menu-dropdown--header-search">
      <div class="b-comp-menu-dropdown__trigger js-comp-menu-dropdown__trigger b-comp-menu-dropdown__trigger--arrow js-button" tabindex="0"></div>
      {vb:template search_popup, page={vb:raw page}, user={vb:raw user}}
      </div>
      </div>

</div>

<button type="submit" id="btnSearch" class="search-btn" title="{vbphrase search}"><span class="b-icon b-icon__search"></span></button>
      This is the search module, but it doesn't have the hidden parameters as in VB4, so I don't know where to add a title_only=1

Comment

I solved it myself:

edit the template search_popup and add the checked

Code:
        <label><input type="checkbox" name="searchFields[title_only]" checked  class="searchFields_title_only" value="1" />{vb:phrase search_in_titles_only}</label>
        This is the popup of the search settings.

Comment