Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• size of avatars

Good day

Please advise how to change size of avatar? how to make it 100x100 or 150x150?

Thanks in adavnce

You can use CSS to change the size of displayed avatars. The upload size is hard coded to 200 X 200 pixels.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Originally posted by Wayne Luke View Post
      You can use CSS to change the size of displayed avatars. The upload size is hard coded to 200 X 200 pixels.
      Thanks, pls advise in which file?

Comment

There is no CSS in the files. All custom CSS should go into the css_additional.css template.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

There is no CSS in the files. All custom CSS should go into the css_additional.css template.
          So what should I write there to make all avatars size 100x100 px?

Comment

I don't know. I don't even have any clue on what Avatar you want to resize because they appear in dozens of places throughout the software.

To figure out the CSS you need to write, do this:

1. Right-click on the Avatar and click on "Inspect Element" or whatever your browser decided to name this tool.
            2. In the Developer Tools that open up, look at the existing CSS for the element.
            3. Modify it to fight your needs.
            4. Add it to the css_additional.css template.

These are the exact same steps I would have to go through because no one, and I mean no one, is going to memorize the CSS code so they can tell people what class to modify for what purpose off the top of their head. Customizing your site is not why Technical Support exists. If we can point you in the right direction or have time, we can do more in the way of customization. However, customization is always "at your own risk."

If you need to learn CSS, there are literally thousands of tutorials and classes online to do that.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I don't know. I don't even have any clue on what Avatar you want to resize because they appear in dozens of places throughout the software.
              I mean here in the posts. For example your avatar on the left. Size is 64x64. I need it at least 100x100.

Comment

In the AdminCP under Usergroup Manager > Picture Uploading Permissions

Find:
                Custom Avatar Maximum Width (pixels)
                Custom Avatar Maximum Height (pixels)
                Custom Avatar Maximum File Size (bytes)1KB = 1024 bytes
                Set them to whatever value you like for each Usergroup. The maximum is 200 X 200 unless you have widened the postbit.

Comment

Those settings really have little meaning in the overall scheme of things. They are left over from vBulletin 4.X and aren't applied in 99% of displaying avatars in the system.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Those settings really have little meaning in the overall scheme of things. They are left over from vBulletin 4.X and aren't applied in 99% of displaying avatars in the system.
                    As of when? I haven't changed them, ever, in any installation, but has it been that way since the inception of vBulletin 5 or is this a recent development?

Comment

Since the inception of vBulletin 5... Long standing bug, very low priority.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Hello,

I would like to display larger avatars in the conversation_userinfo template. It seems the image src for the avatars is coming from {vb:raw conversation.senderAvatar.avatarpath}. However, this generated URL includes the "thumb=1" parameter, which is limiting the size of the returned image. Is there a way to modify this so that "thumb=1" is removed from the returned URL?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

• southstar86
                          southstar86 commented
                          Editing a comment
                          I can modify the $userApi->fetchAvatars calls inside /core/vb/library/node.php and set the 2nd param to false, but I was hoping there would be a better way without modifying core code.

• Wayne Luke
                          Wayne Luke commented
                          Editing a comment
                          You would have to modify the code. There is no option to change that parameter that I am aware of.