• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Bug / Issue] Problem in my forum A System Error has occured

Hi

I have a problem entering my forum

it seems

A System Error has occured.
    The software is experiencing a systems error.

You should attempt to repeat your last action. If this error occurs again, please contact the site administrator.

I tried the work of restoring a backup that did not work I tried the upgrade to the latest version also it did not work I tried using the tools TOOLS also did not work

My website link

www.animeiatlight.com/vb

Please help solve the problem
    Last edited by anas osama; Tue 7 Apr '20, 8:24am.

This can be one of two things....

1) The Administrator has an expired password. Change your password or remove the expiration limits by editing the usergroup in the AdminCP. You should be able to log into the AdminCP directly if this is the case.

2) The second and more common is that vBulletin cannot connect to your database for some reason. Database name, user name, or password has changed are the more common reasons for a lack of connection.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I cannot access admincp, the database data, the username and password have not been changed, and the information for the config file is correct

Did you try to transfer the database to a new database and link it to the config file?

Now I have tried to delete the user linked to the database and merge it with a new user and then modify the config file and put the new data and become the site

This page isn’t working www.animeiatlight.com/vb is currently unable to handle this request.
      HTTP ERROR 500

And when I want to upgrade it

2: mysqli_real_connect (): (HY000 / 1045): Access denied for user 'animeiat_ligh' @ 'localhost' (using password: YES)

Waiting for help
      Last edited by anas osama; Tue 7 Apr '20, 12:47pm.

Comment

Originally posted by anas osama View Post
        I cannot access admincp, the database data, the username and password have not been changed, and the information for the config file is correct
        2: mysqli_real_connect (): (HY000 / 1045): Access denied for user 'animeiat_ligh' @ 'localhost' (using password: YES)
        This error literally means that this user animeiat_ligh cannot log in because the password is incorrect. If you think the password is correct, then you need to talk to your hosting provider because we cannot help with your MySQL Configuration.

Wayne Luke
        vBulletin 5 API

Comment

The problem is back waiting for help

Comment

I found another solution

I will install the vbulletin again and move the table from the old database to the new one

But I have a problem

All table with old database is not utf8_general_ci

Everything I change encoding to utf8_general_ci shows me wrong

1292 - Incorrect date value: '0000-00-00' for column 'birthday_search' at row 4

How can I solve this problem

Comment

You can solve the original problem by reviewing your database connection information and updating your /core/includes/config.php file.

Moving to a new database will only create more problems as you are finding out. If you want to go through the extraordinary effort of switch databases, you can convert your tables to utf8mb4 (we do not recommend using utf8 characters sets) using the files in the /do_not_upload/dbtools directory. Instructions on using them are here: https://forum.vbulletin.com/articles...database-tools

Database Best Practices are here: https://forum.vbulletin.com/articles...best-practices

Wayne Luke
              vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I did that and the problem was not solved

The 'clientscript / vbulletin_css' (OR wherever you set as css file location) directory and / or its sub directories is / are not writable. Please make sure that this directory and its sub directories are writable by your web server

Comment

Again the error is self explanatory. You need to make that directory and its subdirectories writable by the webserver. Usually this requires chamod 777 on Linux web hosting servers.

Wayne Luke
                  vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I did that now and the problem is still

Comment

Well the install script is listing the default for your version. If you changed it, then you would need to change the permissions on whatever directory you specified. I can't tell you what directories you're storing data in if you're not using the defaults for your version. You would have to refer to your notes. This is completely unrelated to the original issue. If you've gotten this far, then you should be able to log into the AdminCP and view what the directory is as well.

Anything further would require a support contract and support ticket with access to your server.

Wayne Luke
                      vBulletin 5 API

Comment

I have now tried to delete the database and re-upload it, but the same result

Until now I cannot get to Admincp

Please Help

Comment

I really have no idea why you're doing what you're doing. None of this solves the original issue which can be resolved by simply updating the /core/includes/config.php file. None of it requires running the install/upgrade scripts or duplicating the database. You're complicating the issue beyond what I can provide support for. Even if I give you further guidance, you're simply going to disregard it and do something else.

Wayne Luke
                          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Brother, I did everything that you told me, but so far, none of the methods that have told me have been helpful

So I remembered that I had an old backup copy of my site’s database, so I uploaded it again, but the problem remained

I checked the data of /core/includes/config.php file and all its data are correct

It also entered Toolbox tools, but it did not help solve the problem

Please put the solution with the pictures if possible and thank you

Comment

I can't put the solution in pictures because I don't know your database connection information. If I did and added a picture with it, that would be a gross violation of privacy. This specific error tells me that the information in your /core/includes/config.php file is incorrect:

Code:
                              Restoring a database backup will not fix this issue. You need to verify the information in your /core/includes/config.php with the correct information. To get the correct information, you need to talk to your hosting provider. If you do not have a hosting provider, then you need to create a new user in the database with a proper password using the Database Best Practices that I linked to above.

I don't know what Toolbox tools are so I don't know what they do.

Wayne Luke
                              vBulletin 5 API

Comment