Navigation Bar Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navigation Bar Issues

Hello, I'm trying to create a "New Navigation Item" and this is the errors I'm getting.

Once the Item is created an error appears and it wont allow me to edit page.

My goal is to make a website with different pages, I want each page to have its own forum if that's possible.

I'm also very new to Vbulletin. Thank you.

Last edited by Cassadraxu; Wed 18th Mar '20, 1:05am.

Wayne Luke - Sorry to bother you. Could I get some customer support?

Comment

• OrganForum
      OrganForum commented
      Editing a comment
      You created the Resources page before creating the navigation link, right?

So I tried both ways, I tried to create the navigation then trying to add a new page or edit the page and an error “Invalid node id specified” and then I tried to see a way to create a page while at home. And it doesn’t let me. I can create a navigation and it appears but it won’t let me add a new page

Comment

URLs are always case sensitive.

When I visit your Cloud Site and look at Pages in Site Builder there is no page with the name Resources or the URL of /resources. This would be an invalid page URL as indicated. You do have a page named Portal with the URL of /Portal. In addition to this, you cannot create or edit a Page in Site Builder while viewing an Error Page.

Go to the home page of your site. Click New Page. Build your page. Save the page. Name it Resources with the URL of /resources and the link will work.

When saving the page, make sure to click all the way through.
      Last edited by Wayne Luke; Wed 18th Mar '20, 9:27am.
      Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
      The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
      vBulletin 5 API - Full / Mobile
      Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

Comment

I’ll try and look into it

Comment

Alright I got it to work, now the issue im experiencing is about forums. Im trying to do different forums per page. But they only show in homepage. Can I have multiple forum options?

Comment

Each forum already has its own page. You shouldn't need to create new pages for them. If you want them in the Navigation Bar, just link to their existing URL.

Wayne Luke

Comment

Yeah like i want each navigation bar to have its own forum for example: Policies only policies related then Resources only resources related.

Comment

Do this to build your site:

Create Channels using the Channel Manager. I recommend making things like Policy and Resources into categories by clicking the "Make Category" link. To make forums within the categories, click on the + button. The system allows drag and drop to rearrange channels.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-03-18_13-34-11.png
Views:	43
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	4437118

When you're done building your channels, then you can build the navigation.

When you create your channels, their URLs will be built. Policies would be /forum/policies. Enter this as the URL. Once you have created the main navigation tab, you can click on the blue triangle to start building its specific sub-navigation.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-03-18_13-35-53.png
Views:	23
Size:	31.3 KB
ID:	4437119

Wayne Luke

Comment