md5_sums_vbulletin modifying

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• md5_sums_vbulletin modifying

Is there a way to create a how to guide to modify this file for those of us with add on directories/custom files to our sites?

I'd like to add the ones that I know are legitimate and have it so they do not show when the tool is run. Currently even my favicon.ico file shows "File does not contain expected contents". Which is good to be suspect of, but if I can validate this then it would be nice to modify it as such.

The file looks fairly straightforward for modifying, but what is the work around to modify files, as an example the ico file.

Also, in the md5_sums_vbulletin file, the "asdfrqrt14526' that are associated with each file, how can this be configured for custom files that are added? I assume they are security tokens that are being referenced, but from where?

adktramping ~ my happy place.

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Vote for your favorite feature requests and the bugs you want to see fixed.

This file shouldn't be modified. Each addon should have its own md5_sums_xxxx.php file. They should follow the format of this file and then be placed in /core/includes.

The "asdfrqrt14526" value is an MD5 hash of the file.

So if your addon is in /addons/ then your file could look something like this:

Code:
    <?php
    $md5_sums = array(
    '/addons' => array(
    'ads.php' => 'F5473073D24F4FE513F7473347538ACB',
        )
    );
    $md5_sum_softwareid = 'vb5_connect';
    $md5_sum_versions['vb5_connect'] = '5.6.0';
    $scanRoot = DIR . '/..';
    There are a number of tools to generate MD5 hashes of files.

Talking to one of the developers, this will not work with all files. Many files created in Windows use a \n\r as the carriage return. These are stripped out by the checker and replaced with a Linux carriage return of \n. Your files would have to use the \n format.
    Last edited by Wayne Luke; Thu 12 Mar '20, 10:26am.
    Translations provided by Google.

Wayne Luke
    The Rabid Badger - a vBulletin Cloud demonstration site.
    vBulletin 5 API

Comment

Thank you Wayne Luke

"Whoever said practice makes perfect was an idiot. Humans can't be perfect because we're not machines." ~ Sam Gardner.

Comment

So it sounds like these custom files would also need to be updated with each new version of vBulletin, correct?

Comment

If there is a version in the file and the addon is updated, the MD5 should be updated as well.

Wayne Luke
          vBulletin 5 API

Comment

In 5.6.1, we will be distributing a script that will allow you to create checksum manifests. It will be in the /do_not_upload/checksum directory of your vBulletin download. If it is not available in the Alpha, it will be available soon.

In the above directory, there will be a file named sample_checksum_config.php. Rename this to checksum_config.php and edit it. Hopefully the variables are descriptive enough. The forumroot, productid, and a list of directories and/or individual files to scan are required. It will only scan directories within the forumroot directory specified. Once the config file is edited, run vB5Checksum.phar from the command line with the command:
            php vB5Checksum.phar --config checksum_config.php --output md5_sums_productid.php

Running php vB5Checksum.phar without any parameters will output help text.
            Last edited by Wayne Luke; Mon 6 Apr '20, 11:27am.

Wayne Luke
            vBulletin 5 API

Comment